Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, September 22, 2017

Death from Shredding!

I spent several hours bent over the shredder on Wednesday.  I started to feel the pain in the backs of my upper legs yesterday about mid-day, and by evening could barely move.  It has been worse today but I hope I'm on the road to recovery now.   I've stayed in and rested today.  I should have set the shredder on the coffee table or someplace where I could have sat down to feed the paper through, rather than bending forward and pulling the muscles in my thighs.  I have thought I would die, and at times I almost wished I would die.  Now I want to feel good and live to see another day!

I drink a lot of water all day long, which means I'm up every 1-2 hours during the night.  The only good thing about this is the fact that I can see the south and east through my bedroom window, and the very early morning skies have been exquisite.  I don't even try to use binoculars any more, but just with the naked eye I see so many stars, and of course, what looks to me like Orion.  There are so many more stars visible in the constellation that I have doubted what I was actually seeing.   But whatever is in the skies around 4 am is absolutely beautiful!

 Fortunately I have no problems falling back to sleep when I get back in bed, so as aggravating as it is to be up so often throughout the night, it could be a lot worse!

I hope you are all safe and well, and not in the middle of all the disasters that seem to be happening.

9 comments:

  1. You are lucky that you can get back to sleep. When I wake up I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Very annoying. Hope your back is better soon. It's the pits sometimes getting old but better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for darn sure that getting older can be difficult, but better than not getting older!

      Delete
  2. I'm like Vera - once I wake up it takes forever to go back to sleep. Hope the back and legs are doing much better tomorrow. We drove through snow today. Need to get south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On your way south please drop off a load of snowballs to me! I would give anything to see snow right now.

      Delete
    2. You're just going to have to look at my blog post tomorrow. Lots of snow pictures for your enjoyment.

      Delete
  3. I'll have to join the chorus saying how lucky you are to get good sleep. It's 4:30 am as I write this and I've been awake fir an hour. Hope your legs are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when that happens, and fortunately it doesn't happen to me all that often.

      Delete
  4. The more one tries to get to sleep, the longer it takes. At least for me, it works that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time my head gets comfortable in a pillow and I hug another pillow, and think nice thoughts. And I'm on my way to dreamland!

      Delete