Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Beautiful Day today!

For me it's mostly been slow and restful, and I am in a very happy mood.  I went to Michael's when they opened this morning, halfway worrying about the usual issues with sale items.  No one else I know seems to have this problem, so maybe it's me.  I was considering what I would say and do if they didn't give me the proper discounts, but when I pulled into the parking space, I said out loud to myself, "I don't want to argue or fight about this."  I would have accepted whatever the outcome.

I went straight back to where I had seen the boxed artist's table and it was there, but I had difficulty even getting it off the bottom shelf (the box said it weighed 53 pounds).  Fortunately a male employee saw me and went to get a big cart, lifted the box out and pushed the cart up to the checkout, waited while I paid for the item, receiving both discounts I wanted with no hassle.  Then he pushed the cart out to my car and put the box into the back.  God bless him!

My son Steve is going to come over tomorrow to put it together, although I wonder if it will be assembled in one go.  I've read the reviews about this item which were favorable, but mention that the assembly can be very trying.  I will post a picture of it when it is together and set up in my "studio".  We will have to turn the big desk to lie along another wall, which I've already measured and will be fine.  I have my big iMac and printer on it as well as misc. office supplies. 
  
When I came back home I called Donald who had said he and the girls were going to clean the house today.  I asked if I could stop by, and went by the grocery on the way to get ice cream.  I told them that cleaning a house requires an ice cream break now and then, so we all sat down and I joined them as well.  I got special non-dairy ice cream bars for Arianna, and Klondike bars for Donald and Autumn (and they gave me one).  I have been craving one of those things for so long, and it didn't disappoint!  I'm glad I didn't buy any to bring home because I might have eaten several at a time!

I don't think I wrote yesterday that the travelers had reached Sioux Falls.  It was bordering on too late to do much except grab a bite to eat and take a couple of beers back to the motel room.  It was a long drive from the outskirts of Milwaukee all the way to SD.  At least they didn't have to drive past the Chicago area!  They have sort of a zig zag route planned for the next few days.

Our weather reached the mid 70's today, and it looks like we may have rain now and then in the near future.  Nothing big, but hopefully enough to provide some much needed moisture to the plants and trees.  Last night the sunset was unspeakably beautiful.  I went out to take some photos of it, realizing the futility of even trying.

I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight and get up a bit earlier in the morning,  I do so much better in the mornings but then I end up taking a mid-day nap and ruining it all.  I fell asleep this afternoon working a crossword puzzle!

Have a good week ahead, and I plan to do the same.

 

13 comments:

  1. In the last year of aging, I have gotten to where I need a short afternoon nap. I set the microwave timer for 20 minutes and get about 17 minutes of sleep. If I sleep longer I feel horrible the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try setting a timer as I usually have no idea how long I'm "out". A short nap can really make a positive difference, but a longer one just keeps me awake later in the evening.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear everything went well at Michael's. Then giving everyone a break from cleaning with some ice cream.

    Short afternoon naps seem to be the norm these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very relieved to get both discounts without any hassle. I hate to anticipate problems because it is just upsetting, and maybe for nothing.

      I think the ice cream break was enjoyed by all, and the conversation was so good. I miss having people around to talk to.

      Yes, a short nap might be the best thing for me, and I like Barney's idea of setting a timer for 20-30 min.

      Delete
  3. I am glad everything went well at Michael's. You have such a great family always willing to pitch in, you are indeed a very blessed lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I do have a super bunch of kids.

      Delete
  4. Boy I'd love to have someone stop by with ice cream and pitch in when I'm cleaning house. What a great mom/grandma you are. Anxious to see your new artist's spot. Glad it worked out so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy I'd love to have someone stop by with ice cream and pitch in when I'm cleaning house. What a great mom/grandma you are. Anxious to see your new artist's spot. Glad it worked out so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm embarrassed to admit it that I didn't exactly "pitch in', but I gave them an excuse to take a break! My own place needs decluttering in the worst way.

      Delete
  6. Howdy Gypsy, did I miss something? What did you buy that was so big and heavy that you needed help with it? Sounds like I should go to our M's and check it out lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought an artist's table that comes with an adjustable stool as well.

      http://www.michaels.com/artists-loft-arts-and-crafts-creative-center/10299013.html#start=1

      Shoot, I don't know how to create a link in the comments section, but if you cut and paste the above link it will take you to the item I bought! (I also got an additional 20% off the listed price, because of a coupon they featured yesterday. Those are the kind you have to make sure and ask for though because they don't tell you about it.

      Delete
    2. Oh Boy, I like that table. Glad you got one it looks so handy.
      I think I might need one of those also.. Paint on and have fun with it all.

      Delete
  7. I followed your link -- the artist's loft is very nice. It's perfect for staying organized.

    ReplyDelete