Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 22, 2016

Restless Night

I usually don't have a problem falling asleep or staying asleep, but last night wasn't a good one.  I feel sure it was from two days of cleaning on my hands and knees - since my gallbladder was removed it isn't good for me to be facing downward for any length of time.  It even affects gym exercises and yoga poses, so it's no wonder I had a difficult time.  I had to get up and drink some apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, which ultimately got rid of the indigestion but not the sleeplessness.  This morning I didn;t wake up until 7:30 am, so I made up for a little lost sleep.

I am back to the treadmill, and since I drank my protein shake before going to the gym I went immediately to Costco and Target from there.  I think the shakes have something to do with the fact that I'm not getting leg cramps, although I'll probably jinx it by saying so.   I first went to the Photo department at Costco and selected the pictures I wanted to print.  They told me it would be a half hour or so, and I decided to walk the aisles I usually never see - the housewares, luggage, etc.  I can't believe how many different ways they try to sell you storage devices - boxes, bins, plastic, steel, cardboard - you name it..  I think the best thing is to try to get rid of most of what you need to store, and then quit buying stuff that you need storage devices for!  Having a small house helps because I'm sure if you live in 3000 or 4000 sq ft., you'll be sure to fill it with something.

I did allow myself to walk through the women's clothing but decided there was nothing I really needed.  They have a new style of pants for cold weather (cold, as in "California cold", not "Northeastern cold".  I held a pair up to me and though I liked the color, fabric, length, etc., the waistband really irritates me.  It looks as though it sits at the waist in the back of the pants, but slightly dips in front.  Maybe the really young women like their pants slung a little lower, but for my age it only accentuates the belly!  You can't very well pull it up so that it covers a little-too-large belly, but if you wear it below then you risk the pants falling.  Do men have such problems?

I did buy a new Swiffer which includes a fuffy wand for dusting venetian blinds.  You will know that I've finally lost it when I write that I've dusted venetian blinds all morning!

Driving home from Target I realized I needed to get home soon - I made several dumb moves in my driving - nothing dangerous or accident causing, but just stupid mistakes caused by tiredness.  

That healthy cookie recipe turns out to be a gift from heaven!  I had one ripe banana this morning, to which I added a 1/2 cup of steel cut oats (with a few chocolate chips thrown in).  I made them smaller than last time so I still got 15 cookies, and I ate every one.  When you think about it, I ate 1 banana and half a cup of oats - is that a healthy breakfast or what!.  There is nothing to feel guilty about in eating 15 of these cookies for breakfast - not that I'm often plagued with guilt.

9 comments:

  1. I usually have a few nights every month that I don't sleep worth a hill of beans and I'm just so drug out the next day. Hate that. I always feel like I'm getting my exercise when we go to Costco. I think it's about time to go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I park near the back of the lot so I have a distance to walk to and from the car, and then with all the walking in the store I feel like I've added some distance to what I've done on the treadmill! I'm only about 3 miles from my Costco, so I can go for just one or two items and it isn't like doing a major shopping trip.

      Delete
  2. That cookie recipe is so nice to have. My only issue is that I forgot to add anything to the batter - I have walnuts, or I could have added chocolate covered raisins. Either (or both) would have been even better. Next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a big bag of walnuts in my freezer but was too lazy to get them out. Next time I will use walnuts and fewer chocolate chips. I havent tried cinnamon yet, which sounds pretty good.

      Delete
  3. I should buy the banana and oats and try this recipe sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like something sweet now and then, it is an excellent recipe and contains no sugar except the natural sugar in a banana. This is a guilt-free eating experience and should be tried t least once. If you find you don't care for the steel cut oats (they are crunchy) then use the quick oats as suggested in the recipe. The more ripe the banana the easier it is to mash and mix.

      Delete
  4. "I think the best thing is to try to get rid of most of what you need to store, and then quit buying stuff that you need storage devices for!"

    I could not agree with you more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a constant battle sometimes to keep from buying something you know darn well you don't need. I started working on decluttering my stuff sometime around the first of the year. I still have such a long way to go! I need to get back to my project of sorting photographs so I can meet my goal to have it done by the end of the year!

      Delete
  5. Cookies for breakfast sounds wonderful. and 15 sounds even better. Maybe I should consider these since I eat raw oats, banana, blueberries, chia seeds and some flax flakes with milk as my cereal many days. I could throw the chia in the cookies.

    ReplyDelete