Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Visit to the police tomorrow

I think I'll get in and out of the station with no trouble.  I have been searching online to see how I can dispose of various meds, both Rx and OTC, and found a police station not far from my chiropractor that takes these substances.  I'll be seeing the chiro tomorrow, so afterward I'll head on over to the station.  

Fortunately I called in advance to make sure what they would take.  They accept all pills (including capsules) but no liquids or creams, so my cough syrups went down the drain, and the Ben-Gay & Neosporin into the garbage.  The officer told me to take everything out of the containers and just dump it all together in a plastic bag.  I didn't have all that many prescription meds, but quite a few OTC's and vitamins that I wanted to get rid of.  I buy most of this kind of stuff at Costco because it is so much cheaper there, although you end up buying a larger quantity.  I think I purchased boxes of Benadryl, 48 pills to a box, and packaged in 4 box lots.  I have two unopened boxes, so that's 98 Benadryls I have to open up and add to the stash.  Add a couple bottles of Costco 81mg aspirin, which are very nice looking yellow pills, and I have a regular rainbow of colored pills and capsules in that bag.

I now have so much more room in my medicine cabinet and the kitchen cabinet over the sink where I keep my vitamins & supplements.  Plus, I don't have to worry about safely disposing of them.  I wonder how they do it but doubt if I will ask.  I used to hammer the pills and add them to used coffee grounds which supposedly reduces their effectiveness, but in the case of most of them I'm sure they still make their way into the sewers, landfill, and the groundwater.  

I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders because I've been wanting to get rid of this stuff for years now.  And it is a beautiful day today, at 81 just before 2 pm, going up to 85 degrees for the day.  For some reason I'm feeling on top of the world today - it doesn't happen all that often so I am especially happy when it does.  I noticed it when coming from the gym this morning, so it must be those lovely endorphins hanging around.  I love it when that happens!

4 comments:

  1. The drugstores on Vancouver Island take all medication back. I have taken lots back too. I rather buy in small bottles than get stuck with too many. Might even be cheaper in the long run. Good luck with finding the station quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day - you feel terrific and the temperatures are down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep that good feeling. It is great to feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet I would feel much better if the temps went down that far here. When my dad passed Ihad all kinds of pills left and someone recommended the fire dept. after 3 differnt ones I was really getting nowhere fast I told him I already went there when he suggested another place he took the pills and threw them in the dumpster. WTH!

    ReplyDelete