Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Getting down to the wire

I have just two days left to pack, straighten up the house, clean out the fridge, etc.  I have appointments with the chiropractor on both of those days as well as a lot of little trips here and there before I leave.

I wanted to make sure I wrote about my experience yesterday, in light of the little book I bought on the wonders of using salt, lemon, white vinegar, and baking soda.

I did a load of laundry yesterday, and while I'm always careful to make sure there are no tissues or other things in pockets, I didn't really check for big stains.  I did some juicing a couple days ago and included rainbow chard in the mix.  The stems have juice in them as well as the leaves, and the red chard has red stems, which stain pretty badly.  I was wearing white cotton capris and don't know how I got pink stain all down one side of them, but I washed them and dried them in the dryer, which usually will set a stain.  When I was folding the clothes and saw the stain I thought I would probably have to throw them away.

I looked in the little book and found "laundry solutions".  It said to make a paste of soda and vinegar, and when the fizzing stops, to rub the paste on the stain.  It also said I could use a soft brush to work at the stain, but I didn't do that.  I just smeared the paste over all the stain which went all down the left side of the pants, let it do its work for 10 minutes, and then threw it into the washer again.  When it came out it was pristine!

I'm amazed at how completely it got rid of the stain which had been "set" by previous washing & drying, but let me tell you it was worth the price of the little book!  When I get back in a month I am planning to completely go over my entire house with the solution.  I say that now but in reality I will probably not make it through the "entire house".   At my age I'm not going to tax myself completely over something that will last such a short time.  Moderation is the key!

I'm getting my hair trimmed this morning as it is starting to get into "that stage" now where I know it will be sticking out all over in another week. 

I mentioned in yesterday's post the difficulty I have in reading some blogs, as well as a lot of websites.  The blogs I read regularly don't cause me any problems.  One person commented on my font being difficult to read.  It doesn't show up that way to me, but if it does to any others who are reading this, please let me know.  I don't know how to fix it except to go back to the regular font.   I also don't understand it, but I use this font in my aol email, and sometimes in the middle of a word the font size will change.  It's the weirdest thing I ever saw, and I don't know if it's my computer or aol that is causing the problem.  

If I didn't dislike gmail so much I would go back to using it exclusively.  My main gripe is that they cut way down on the size of the space in which you can write an email or reply to one.  The only thing I can figure out is that they are trying to accommodate those who use their smart phones for email and thus have much smaller screens.   I could be wrong about that but it makes more sense to me than anything else I can think of.

9 comments:

  1. For me your font is one of the easiest to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Font - on my computers your font is large, bold, black on a white background. Is that how you intended it to look? A lady I worked with had macular degeneration. Her Ophthalmologist told her to play around with color combinations of print and background. Boy did she come up with some weird combinations. She said he wanted her to enjoy color while she still could and it relieved some of the eye strain from spending all day looking at a computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your font. It's exactly like Judy mentioned. Keep up the good job. Interesting info about your cleaning. Must try that when the need arises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the price of that book would be worth it to me, too! I just might order it. I think your font is fine - large and dark. The ones I have trouble seeing are when there's a greyish background with a medium grey font. There are a couple I read that have that, and I always have to enlarge my whole page to read them. (Control and + and the same time will enlarge the page, Control and - will make a page smaller. That's the - and + next to the row of numbers over the alphabet.) That makes for a nice looking page, but not good to read for me. Have fun getting ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really impressed with your stain removal. I think I have to have that book. Getting out stains that have been washed and dried has always been a near impossibility for me. And I love that all the ingredients are natural. I have no trouble with the font on your blog and hope you do not with mine either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting us know about the solution to take out stains. I do not have trouble reading your blog at all and my eyes are not good when it comes to reading. WOW 2 more days and your off how wonderful for you to get back and see the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have lots of trouble with fonts and color combinations so I really enjoy reading you blog because it is so easy for me to see. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marty, I just Love your blogs. You are a terrific writer. Thanks for the tips and ENJOY your trip to NY. Hope the weather is better than CA while you are back here. I'm hoping to see you before the year is up. I'll be making a trip to CA before long.

    ReplyDelete