Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, July 3, 2015

The Heat is killing me!

Even though it's a good 10 degrees cooler than earlier in the week, it is still in the mid to upper 90's, and I'm just sweltering!   According to the weather reports, the overnight temps will consistently go down over the next few days and that helps tremendously.  It means that it stays relatively cool until about 1 pm, and I get the cold air flowing in on me during the night.  I would rather face cold winters a thousand times over than suffer through summers in the west.  Hate it!

The trip has caught up with me.  I couldn't get up the energy to go walk on the treadmill today, and have been fairly lazy.  Another down side to the hot weather is that I lose my appetite when it's this hot, so of course I'll probably lose a few pounds.  I have a big bowl of ice cream in the evenings so that will help keep some of the pounds intact.

I wonder where all the hummingbirds have gone - someplace cooler no doubt.  The feeder was dry when I got back and one of the first things I did was clean and fill it, but so far haven't seen any hummingbirds at all.  I hope the word spreads that I'm back!

3 comments:

  1. It has been hot here, too, but what makes it bad is the extremely high humidity. I haven't had any hummingbirds for the last month. The geckos have been drinking sweet liquid. I don't remember them disappearing like this in the past, but my memory isn't very good anymore except for things way, way back in the 40's and 50's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my memory I can recall things very vividly and in great detail from way back even though they never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has cooled down here but the humidity is awfull. It must be humid where you are for your cooler not to keep things comfortable for you. The heat can really make you very tired and have no ambition at all. Hope it cools down for you soon

    ReplyDelete