Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 27, 2015

I'm still here

I haven't felt much like blogging lately.  Sunday went very well, except that Sandy's grandmother has been in and out of the hospital with heart problems so Joshua's great grandparents were absent.

My grandson did an excellent job of reading the scripture passage he was assigned.  Mike and Sandy have worked very hard with him, and he remembered to speak more slowly, enunciate the words, read with expression and feeling, and stand straight and tall and speak into the microphone.   (Click the photo to enlarge it.)


I'm sorry I'm not adding any more photos of the day.  Mike doesn't like pictures of his kids posted to any kind of social media, and I usually try to select a slightly out-of-focus picture, but this is the only one I can find.

My niece Katy (lives in Brooklyn) and granddaughter Ara (from Philadelphia) were here and I just love being with them, as always.  I'm always energized  around them.  I'd like to make a 2-day trip to the city and stay at Katy's place but I'm not sure yet.  It's been  at least 10 years since I've been there, and I'm sure it's even more crowded now.   I've always found New Yorkers to be friendly when they see you are confused about which train to take, or which direction you should be going in.  Sometimes they just give you a smile and a friendly greeting for no reason at all.  Katy shares the upstairs of a house with several girls her age, and there are several young men who live on the first floor.  They get together to share a meal once a week, and the boys do the cooking.  So many of their friends have heard about it that they are now showing up to join the group.  It sounds like a sitcom, doesn't it.  I know I would love being there and meeting all these delightful people.

My watch battery died over the weekend and I need to go find a replacement.  The last time that happened I went to Sears Watch Repair and they put the new battery in for me.  K-Mart used to do that but then they stopped and said I had to do it myself.  I probably could, but I don't want to!

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about blogging. Mine has dropped to the bottom of my list. Hopefully when we start traveling again I'll feel like blogging. Being around young people definitely does energize you. But when they leave, it takes us forever to recover from all that energy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make a good sitcom. It would be one I would watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Katy's situation sounds wonderful. What fun cooking with a group of young people. I hope you get to go see it all in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your proud of you grandson glad it all went so well for him. Katy's life sounds like so much fun.

    Yea the blogging thing is just getting harder to do for me too.

    ReplyDelete