Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Bought a dress

I finally found a dress that I can wear (with my new sandals) to my grandson's 1st Communion next week.  I shopped at 3 stores, Penney's, Macy's, and Sears, and have never seen such a collection of UGLY dresses in my life!

I like the colors in the dress I bought but it is almost too short - most of them are shorter these days, and it makes my hips look huge.  Don't remind me that a year or so ago when I weighed 105 # I wanted desperately to have big (shapely) hips!  I'm now 30# heavier and I have more hips than I wanted, and rather than being shapely they are just big!  I am past the point that I think I look lovely in anything, and it doesn't bother me that I don't.  I'm a grandma, right?

Even though I'm a grandma, I still stop and look up when I hear a kid call out "Mom" in a store.  It doesn't even matter the kid's age, sex, race, or whatever.  "Mom" just rings a bell, and I think a lot of women are the same way - I can sometimes see them look up when I do, when the "magic word" is spoken.

I love using my son's treadmill and the fact that I only have to walk downstairs to use it.  I have to keep telling myself that I can pay for many  years of gym membership for what that treadmill cost!

The weather has been absolutely beautiful and sunny, although I can't believe I can be chilly in 70 degree sunny weather.  It is a different 70 in California and I hate it that I feel such a difference.




6 comments:

  1. OK, where is the picture of you in your new dress???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dizzy-Dick stole my comment! At least the pressure is off you to find a dress. I hear you about the "hip " problem; I have the same one. I have recently decided that the "grandma" excuse is a good one. And, the other thing that helps is to notice how many women around me, wherever I am, are much bigger than I am! Enjoy your time in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on dress buying. Their to ugly or to youthful of course you wouldn't catch me in a dress ever. But even trying to buy dress slacks and a nice top is awful.

    Yes the treadmills are nice to have but they sure do cost if your going to buy one, cheap ones are just not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too on the lack of decent dresses for anyone over the age of 25 or 115 pounds. Still, I'd like to see you in your dress. Glad you like the treadmill. I hate walking or running in doors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, me too! Where's the dress??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding a dress is never an easy task, glad you found one you like.

    ReplyDelete