Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why?

Does every silver lining have to have a cloud? I guess it's a matter of balance in the universe.

The day started out looking very promising. I decided to bake a loaf of bread, and it didn't take long to get it mixed, kneaded, and in a large bowl to sit and rise. I set the bowl in a sunny window for part of the time, and as the weather got warmer I took it out to my truck which gets very warm inside with the windows rolled up. Eventually I got the dough into the loaf pan, let it rise once again, and then into the oven. By 12 Noon I was slicing off a crusty end piece, slathering it with butter, and thinking I was in heaven!

I needed to empty the waste tanks so this afternoon I got started. There was a sound I didn't like when I pulled the gate open on the black waste tank, but I let it empty and thought no more about it. I followed that up with the galley and gray tanks. To make a long (and somewhat dreadful) story short, there is a steady drip from somewhere on the tank below the rig, and as it is accompanied by a not so nice odor, I am sure it is the black tank. Naturally after I emptied it I ran lots of clean water into it and now it seems like it is coming out drip by drip. I called my mobile RV service man and left a message on his answering machine, and hope he will be here first thing in the morning. I feel terrible that there is a rig parked right next to mine.

Wouldn't you know I'm parked about as far away from the public restroom as you can get.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear:(( The sometimes black side of RVing huh. Wonder what that sound was you heard. Best of luck with that problem Gypsy. Sounds like a real stinker alright!!

    ReplyDelete