Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Good New$ and Bad New$

The guys from the Mobile RV Repair service came this morning. The good new$ is that the generator started up like a champ, the oil level is full and the oil is clean, and I won't be needing any work on it now at least. They checked it out pretty thoroughly, and I now know it runs on propane. He looked at the gaskets on the fridge & freezer which are in pretty sorry shape, and told me he would give Dometic a call and let me know what the cost will be. He called back a couple hours later to tell me that the gaskets plus install kit plus labor will be about $360. Dang - there goes the wash & wax job I was going to pay for.

While here they checked the roof and the only thing wrong with it is that it is dirty. The entire rig is dirty, and I can see that I won't be able to do it myself so I thought I would have them come out and do it. I'll keep it in mind, but for now I don't want to spend the money because I still have to get four new tires.

I then drove back out to Butte Lake and to the larger of the two campgrounds to have a look around. It is absolutely stunning, although I sure wouldn't haul my 5ver up and down those narrow roads. I much prefer Orland Buttes campground for the family trip, if it happens. I took a turn-off at a sign that said "Lake Access" before I came to the CG, and it turned out to be a dusty dirt road, with big ruts and holes from the rains. I stopped and let the dogs out - Lady has this drill down pat by now, and she took off up the hill and into the tall grass. Mandy, the smaller dog, fell into a big hole that was camouflaged by tall grass, so she was happy to stay with me from then on. I tried to call Lady back with no response from her, so I just yelled "ok I'm going back". We played the game we used to play in the mountains of NC - I walked back on down the hill until I heard the sound of galloping behind me - Lady was racing down! She is beautiful when she runs - but she is a sprinter and can't run very far. I've noticed a couple of old playful habits that I always thought were so cute, and I'm glad to be reminded that she is a playful dog, but in a subtle way. No racing around chasing sticks or frisbees for her. I'm happy to see this side again because for the past few months I've only noticed the aggravating, annoying side, and she deserves better.

There is a field on the way to the campgrounds in which there are about 100 small white animals that looked sort of like dogs. Today they were closer to the road and, DUH, they were sheep that had recently been shorn.

I am tired from my outing and don't know whether to lie down on the couch, or to find something useful to do. I'll let you know later which choice was the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment