Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, June 17, 2021

The Weather is Awful!

I never did like hot weather, and a week of temps over 100F is almost too much to bear.  Rocky is tired of being in the cooler house all day and wants to go out and play ball.  I threw it to him a few times and he happily chased it, but I'm not standing out there when it's still over 100 degrees!

 I may as well kiss my garden goodbye!  Yesterday I picked 4 ripe cherry tomatoes, but I seriously doubt I will get many more of any size or variety with the weather as it is forecast for the coming week.  I water the plants in the "cool" of the morning and again in the early evening, but it isn't going to work.  I think if we had decent weather that lasted until the plants had produced a few tomatoes, they might have withstood the heat for a week or two.  But it looks as if there will be no good harvest at all this year, and I'm glad I didn't try to plant squash or other veggies as I did last year. 

It isn't even dark yet and I'm ready to go to bed.  Rocky is just getting his energy together.  At 8:15 pm it is 102F. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes this heat is unbearable and the A/C runs almost non stop. My sun flowers that were doing so well are dead and even my rose mary that is well established isn't doing well. The pretty plant my daughter gave me for mothers day is struggling also. I'm so happy I didn't put all my herbs out there like I planned. right now at 8:56pm we are at 101F and still more 113 degree days to go. All we can do is hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awful, isn't it. Poor Rocky doesn't understand what is wrong that he can't go out. I do insist he go out for a minute once in a while to relieve himself, but this is going to last almost another week. I have about a dozen tomato plants out there that I water morning and evening, but I don't think they are going to survive.

      Delete