Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

No photos!

I was thinking about taking a photo of my injured hand and posting it, but on second thought, it looks way too ugly!  The Urgent Care Center doctor put those little strips all across the cut to hold the skin together and they are still holding up well.  I took all the bandages and hand wrapping off and thought I'd let the air get to it.  It hurts a little less today than it did yesterday, but I think I still have a long way to go.  It's going to hurt like hell when I eventually have to take all the little tape strips off that are closing the wound, but I'll face that when I come to it.

I wish it would stay cool all day, but Sacramento almost always has chilly nights and the cool lasts up until mid-day.   Then it turns HOT!

I went out this morning and watered my tomato plants - I think there are 12 or 14 plants.  Six of them were put into the soil at one time and they are looking very good; the other 6 or 8 were put in a bit later and are very straggly!  I counted 5 or 6 cherry size tomatos on the plants, so I hope to get something out of all my efforts.  I honestly thought I would have to transplant them all to a new location by now, but it looks like i'll be here for a while until Jeannie finds something that she likes.  I believe she is considering having something built, as she did find a model house that suited her.  I'm just trying to stay quiet and keep my opinions to myself.  I don't like the looks of the near future, economically, and I think I'd rather put my down payment on a real house than to hold it in a bank!   To put things into perspective though, I will remind you that I am 80 years old and have lived through several trying world disasters as well as economic downturns.  So I am becoming more and more conservative in many ways, and the direct opposite in my political views!  (And who knows whether a bank would be safer or not.)

I think Donald is going to come over today and set up my new computer.   I can't wait to start using it and hope all my problems are with the old computer and not with my account.

Have a great day! 

6 comments:

  1. I have always been told that you do not take the paper tape strips off, you let them fall off on their own accord to aid in the healing of the cut. JMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had those straps on my ankle after surgery and they do eventually curl up and fall off. No pulling required. Goid luck with the new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to those who replied that I should leave the strips alone that are closing the wound on my hand. They don't bother me and I am looking forward to the pain going away soon. It only hurts when I use my hand though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes like the others have said don't pull off the strips they will come off when it is time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeannie came by last night and wrapped a new bandage on my hand, so at least it is more protected. It still aches sometimes, but not nearly as often or as much as it has been.

    ReplyDelete