Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Things I'm Letting Go

I sit in my recliner, glance around the room, and feel bad about the things I'm not keeping up with - such as watering my houseplants.  I ought to just throw them all out and be done with it!  But they are living things and I just can't do it.

I decided to wear the wrist brace most of the day but after a couple of hours I'm ready to ditch it.  It is probably good for my wrist, but terrible for my skin.  When I place my right hand over the injured wrist it feels very warm, so I assume it's a sign of infection?  I really have no idea what it indicates.

Like every other day, I got up this morning vowing to walk on my treadmill.  Will I finally get out of my chair and do it?  Surprisingly, considering my lack of exercise, I don't seem to be gaining any weight. 

I'm going to spend the day in my pajamas!  Before my accident I bought myself a really cute set, and they are so comfortable I'm going for cute and comfort today!  Hah!  I can find very little comfort in my life, and cute is a distant memory, but I'll take whatever I can drum up!

We are almost halfway through August, nearly 6 months of isolation for me.  Who would have thought.....

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes it helps to take a day off and just be comfy in your pajamas. I did that Sunday.

    I was wondering if you were still walking on your treadmill. A wonderful thing to have in order to get exercise in this non-relenting heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just walked half a mile on the treadmill, and hope I can get myself to do it every day.

      Delete
  2. Gypsy, if your wrist feels warm and if it still swollen/red it needs to be checked to see if you have an infection. At our age we can't afford to have an infection. Also, and please take this in the kind spirit it is said: have you spoken with your doctor about an anti-depression low dosage medication. Realizing you don't like to do medications, sometimes it is necessary. My Mom went through a time of depression and the doctor prescribed a low dosage anti-depression medication and it made a world of different for her. Please think about this, maybe talk with Jeanne about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me think about this for a day or so, and I will talk to Jeannie about it later on today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many days of pj's these days. I figure why get dressed especially the bra thing. When I'm not going to see anybody. I agree with Arrowhead Gramma - I think a depression med is a good thing. Jim has to take one every day, has for years and will continue til he dies. Makes all the difference in the world. And he doesn't have any side effects. This is a really hard time to be on this earth. Who would have known this would just go on and on. Hang in there with us. We are in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the Virus keeping most of us from doing what we enjoy it is not unheard of to feel depressed. As everyone else has suggested ask your doctor to check your wrist and for a low dose Anti-Depressant.
    Exercising on your Treadmill will also help with the depression.
    Be Safe and Enjoy as best as you can.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can, cover the wrist before you put the brace on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to figure out what to use because the brace is a tight fitting, heavy nylon device. I just can;t stand to wear it anymore. I feel like it's going to require surgery because the bones of my hand and wrist are all out of shape.

      Delete
    2. Cut up an old piece of t-shirt and wrap wrist or a part of a long sleeve tee. Good luck.

      Delete
  7. All good information from others in this comment section. I'm happy you did a mile on your treadmill today. Might give you a little more energy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People come in all sizes & I'm sure braces do too. You need a larger size. It needs to fit properly so you will keep it on. Don't give up so easy - change doctors & get the help you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't have the energy to find another doctor, make the switch, and start all over from scratch. I've lost the will to take any action, to tell the truth. Besides that, I can't drive which just adds to my daughter's tasks. She works a full time job from home and takes care of her family as well. I'm grateful for what she does for Rocky and me. I will eventually get better. As far as the deformity I'll be left with, Jeannie reminded me that the doctor said any further action to correct the positioning of my hand will be considered "cosmetic surgery", and probably wouldn't be covered by me insurance. I don't have the energy to check into it. I am probably wrong, but have a feeling that if I was a few years younger it would be a different story.

      Delete