Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Where did the summer go?

I finally realize that Labor Day is just a couple of weeks away, and can't believe the summer is almost gone.  Of course we in Sacramento don't see any break in summer weather for a while.  I moved in late spring, but haven't done any summer activities such as camping and getting out in nature that I've enjoyed all my life.  I guess my dog and my garden are all the nature and wildlife I get to experience this summer.

The dog is getting much better although he will be a puppy for a while yet.  He breaks down when someone comes to the door, and then he wants to show his pure love and enjoyment by jumping all over them.  I don't know what I can do to ease that situation, and can only hope that time will help him settle down a bit.   (I do have an e-collar that I put on him when we go for a walk, and sometimes when someone comes to the door.  The vibration option usually works on the walks, but nothing can calm him down when we get a visitor at the door.

My garden is still producing although I've pulled out a couple of tomato plants that dried up, and am trying to decide if I should pull up some of the squash plants as well.  I still get one or two squash/zucchini a day, and they are a big part of my daily diet.  I build my meals around them and wonder what I'll do at the end of the season.  I'm getting out seeds that I hope to get into the ground this coming weekend, although I can only do any gardening after the sun moves over the house and to the west.  Even then the temperature is still hot, and I often wait until 7pm or so to do any work at all in the garden.  The marigolds are really nice and I'm glad they finally decided to bloom - at least a few of them have.






I think I posted that Donald has cut a section of noodle for the killer bed, but didn't have a photo of it.  Here it is:




My passport expires this November and I'm thinking about renewing it.  I hope it isn't too much of a hassle or else I won't bother.  I've had a passport for 30 years, plus l the one I got when I traveled on official business.  I almost certainly will never travel out of the country again, but one never knows.  I might not ever travel outside the state of California again either!  It breaks my heart when I look at the photo on my first passport compared to the last one, and I know the next will really show me as an old hag!  I no longer wear make-up but am thinking about buying some to see if it might take a few years off!

I visited the opthmologist today and it seems that everything is pretty good with my eyes, although what I actually see is deteriorating.  If that is the way it's to be, then so be it.  He once again assured me that I won't go blind.  The waiting room was crowded and I watched people come in and go out supported by walkers, canes, etc.  Dang, I don't want to have to do that.  But I don't want to fall again either.  Right now I'm icing my knee and wish I could get some relief from the pain.  It's not excruciating, but it is still painful.  I try to weigh the fact that I'm falling apart physically, against all the knowledge and experience I have gained along the way of my life.  I've had a wonderful life and hope to continue for a while, but darn, I wish I could be young and pretty again for even one day!

It's time to start preparing my dinner, which is going to be a baked, marinated wild salmon filet, with a side of - ????? - you guessed it, zucchini!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, I'm sorry you withdrew your comment. I was fortunate enough to get a chance to read it and really appreciate it. Was just now going to reply, only to find out it was removed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading it over I thought it may have seemed as if I don't know you already realize that aging needn't be seen as all bad, so I deleted it,I am glad you appreciated it and knew what I meant.-Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I feel like a ping pong ball sometimes, being batted back and forth in how I feel, what I think, etc. But when I realize how many beautiful memories I have of wonderful people and times, I know it takes time and aging to truly appreciate them.

      Delete
  4. We are all getting there and I feel like there is no point in wishing for the past even for a day. It is what it is and I try to keep moving forward. I see it is going to cool down for a few days and I'm going to get out of the house and enjoy it.
    I guess no matter how strong your glass are it isn't much help? Enjoy your garden and hope the winter seeds do well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your passport renewal should not be a hassle at all even if it was your first one. From my point of view it is one of the best government forms...it is short, easy and streamlined. Since summer and thus the traveling season is over you will likely get it sooner.

    ReplyDelete