Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 16, 2019

When it rains, it pours!

It's bad enough having a bad knee, plus all the other aches and pains I'm beginning to feel from my fall.  Yesterday evening my daughter & family came by; I was leaning forward to hold Rocky by the collar to keep him from jumping, when his head came up and made contact with my nose.  It took a while to stop the bleeding as well as the tears.  Am I ever going to be accident-free?

I walked over to Autumn's school this afternoon (very carefully) and met her as she came out.  We walked back to my house to wait for her Dad, who was in the process of picking Arianna at her school.  My knee is very tender and I was trying to not limp so much.  We were soon back here, and Donald came by before long to pick her up.  Now it's just Rocky and me again.   It's good for me to get out and I look forward to meeting her every afternoon.

Back to my recliner with an ice pack on my knee.
I'm going to relax for as long as I can now.  It's still about 102 degrees and Rocky and I are going to enjoy the a/c!

6 comments:

  1. Just what you didn't need was a shot to the nose. This heat has just about driven me mad. Enjoy the A/C.
    About those plants I bought, I did repot them but the roots were so tightly intwined I was afraid to cut them and maybe kill them. They seem to be doing well and my basil plant is thriving.
    Hope you start to feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I will eventually be ok, but for now I'm just taking it easy. I did walk up to the school (only about a block away) to meet my granddaughter and walk her back to my house. She could easily walk it herself, but with all the stories abounding about child molestation I'm certainly not going to let her walk it herself! I left Rocky home and did ok. I have cut the roots before when separating a plant and it doesn't seem to hurt them at all. I have to separate my snake plant one of these days and I'm sure it will be rootbound.

      Delete
  2. Oh no Gypsy! As if you needed anymore hits to your body.

    You are a caring and concerned grandmother and I totally agree with you about picking her up there are so many things going on in our world today and all these sicko child molesters.

    Sometimes I do not even like to watch the news anymore. We get the San Antonio news and it is so depressing but one has to know what is going on in the community to stay vigilant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always knew it was bad, but after everything on the news about Epstein, I'm terrified for all young girls. And think of the powerful people who have been deep into what's going on. I also heard something about young boys being involved and don't know why they haven't said more about it. Children being used like they are is unconscionable, and there are cages and cages of them being help at the border. I think we will all pay the price for this going on in our society.

      Delete
    2. I had not heard about boys being involved in the Epstein case. There are so many prominent people that are going to be caught up in that fiasco. I feel sorry for the then young girls now women who will never see their day in court and justice be served.

      I only hope they are able to get some financial benefit though I am sure they would give it all away just to have never had it happen to them.

      Those poor children caged at the border is another low for our country. I could not believe how an ICE officer ran over the Jewish protestors who were peacefully exercising their right to do so.

      Delete