Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, May 24, 2019

Impatience

I guess I'm just like my mother because I remember her impatience.  When she wanted something done, she wanted it done now and not later.  It's one of the traits I disliked about her, and now I've become her!

I need a weed trimmer and have been looking at a lot of web sites to find one I like.  I found a Ryobi trimmer that I think I can handle - it is run on a battery so I won't have to be concerned about an electric cord or gasoline.  I could pick it up right away - if I could have found someone willing to drive me to pick it up; otherwise, it will be delivered next Wednesday which seems so far in the future.  My back yard is so full of high weeds I don't even like to walk through it, and it will take me several sessions to get it all trimmed.  I will be in no hurry and just work until I feel like stopping.  Yes, I could have someone else do it for me - I was even going to pay my great-nephew who lives next door, but he didn't get back to me.  So I'm going to do it myself and be damned if I'll accept help from anyone.  I have been the "doer" all my life and I'm not quitting now!  When you get someone to do a job for you it is almost always at their choice of time, and I'm going to do it at my own time; when I feel like stopping I will stop until I feel like continuing!

Am I alone in feeling like this, or does anyone think the same way I do.  Getting old isn't easy, and from what I can see it is having to sit around and wait for others to do things for you, when it's convenient for them.  I'm not blaming anyone for doing things at their convenience, but  I can do it as well.

I am delighted to find a neighborhood group in my immediate area, which has an online site.  I joined it right away and so far I've just read the emails on various topics - for sale items, for rent or give away; a patriotic display in someone's yard who honors the fallen who died in the service of our country, etc.  I'm waiting to see if there might be some activity I can get involved in.  When I'm not trimming the grass and weeds in my yard, of course!


15 comments:

  1. When my son is home, he cuts everything. If not, his wife's son does it. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very blessed by what my kids do for me, but they have their own families and jobs, so I don't like to seem impatient. I'm usually waiting around, and as I said above, I'm an impatient person.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. What about asking on this online site if anyone can share information about getting tasks completed by those younger and more mobile? Perhaps someone else's grand nephew would have more of an interest in making a few bucks.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just decided to do my own work at my own pace and not count on anyone else.

      Delete
  4. I understand impatient, Last weekend my grandson was going to come and do some things. Well his cousin's husband said he had a side job and would Anthony work with him. First I don't know why they even bother since he never comes through on anything. So he waited all day for him to call and nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surely know what you are talking about. I am going to quit relying on other people and just do what I can for myself from now on,

      Delete
  5. I know how you feel about waiting around for someone to come do the yard and this person is not even my relative but a person that does this for a living.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really frustrating because I'd rather do everything by myself to begin with, but I need to operate at a slower pace now.

      Delete
  6. I hope you never use WEED KILLER! It is doing great harm to our planet. It goes into the soil, and eventually is reaching all that live there and on to the groundwater,waterways and then the oceans, killing the creatures there!!! I learned before becoming informed and regret my stupidity back then. READ thoroughly about weed killers/Glyphosphate. Beside this it would turn your whole yard to dead! Our county workers sprayed Agent Orange beside my property-deadly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long felt that most weed killers are dangerous and shouldn't be used. That's why I try to only buy organic food. I will have to look at whether there is anything available that isn't harmful - or else I'll just keep the weeds trimmed close to the ground.

      Delete
  7. https://www.dogtrainingnation.com/health/natural-weed-killers-pet-safe/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a ryobi weed wacker and just do a little bit of my yard every other day or so. That way it's never to much to manage. I don't want weed killer around the dogs.

    ReplyDelete

  9. HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES.
    Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000USD. With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish, if you really want to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via: Email:officialilluminati999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete