Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Government Red Tape

I am so angry with one of my supposed "representatives" to Congress, .  I have written both senators as well as the other congressional representative in my district, but when I attempted to send a message to one rep, I was prevented from doing so because I don't know the zip + 4.   So the message could not be sent and I was informed I could look the +4 at the website for the US Postal Service.  All I can say is WHAT A WASTE!  To be truthful I never received a satisfactory answer from this representative in all the years I've resided in California, but I have never been required to add the +4 to my zip code.

Now that that is off my chest, I feel much better.

With 13 days until Christmas I have only bought one gift so far.  I don't have many to buy - mainly the kids - but I haven't even done that yet.

Rocky continues to walk very nicely with the gentle lead collar, although he still doesn't like it and tries to shake it off.  It hasn't stopped him from trying to jump on anyone we meet.

(NOTE:   I have already received an acknowledgement of the email I sent to my other congressional representative.  (No +4 digits needed!)

My day was only going so-so before I decided to email my senators and reps.  I think the rest of the day can only get better!  I apologize for letting my views seep into this blog, but I had no other way to vent.  I won't do it again

 Have a good one!

11 comments:

  1. I post any view I have in my blog but try to do it politely. Since you seem naturally polite post all you want to. I will be here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ??? I must of missed the post of your 'views'. And where else are you to post your 'views'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I originally typed my post I went into detail about my experience, and included info I decided I'd better not post. Sorry about that - I get so riled up over the stupidity in Washington these days - little things as well as big ones. I'd like to start today's post all over again, deleting the old one and entering a new. Not knowing how many people have read this one, I'm not sure what to do.

    I think I need to take a break from blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly wasn't naming anyone or overly aggresive so it's fine. I've read some really bad views on some other blogs and I probabely wrote a few myself from time to time.
    As far as shopping I have 4 more gifts to buy and since I had shopping with a passion its hard to make the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been writing to my officials in Washington since my late teens. I used to use fine onionskin paper and a manual Royal typewriter, and on one of my moves I came across a file of old letters I had sent. I was amazed at how well I expressed myself, not that it ever did a bit of good! It is still probably a waste of time.

      Delete
  5. Yesterday, few hours before your own, I ranted how I felt with matters of government and society. Blocked by Google at the beginning for a mild expletive. As for contacting my representatives, it has never done the least of good, so I quit wasting my time.

    Rocky is a delight! I'm almost certain 'puppy training' is a waste of my time; so puppies conclude about their time! Ah,Ha,Ha, Mine ran me ragged and are still at it. I'm so weary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the Gentle Leader is working for ROcky. My dog used to rub his nose against the back of my legs trying to get it off when we would walk with it on, but after a few minutes of that he was resigned to it and it definitely made a big difference with pulling. As for the jumping - Rocky is still so young I doubt there's going to be much improvement in that for awhile. He's such a good boy though, he'll get the hang of it soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He got the leader while I was working in the kitchen and chewed one of the ends off. So it is now useless and not fixable. He is on my list right now.

      Delete
  7. It is your blog and if you feel you need to vent you should do so. I know I have vented in more than one occasion and I am sure I will vent some more in the future.

    If it wasn't for AARP I would never contact my representatives. Being part of a large group (AARP) I do feel my e-mails and petitions I sign carry more weight than if I did it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will probably be the last time I try to contact any of them. I think the government is going down the tubes, and it makes me so sad. I was always proud of working for the federal govt., and tried to always be conscientous and do a good job.

      Delete