Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, October 15, 2018

Still Hobbling Around

As prescribed, I'm taking the antibiotic twice a day for 10 days, and I'm now on Day 6.  I don't notice a whole lot of difference, but then I am rarely able to sit with my foot elevated.  I still have to walk Rocky several times a day, and there are just things I need to do which require being on my feet.  I'm so depressed about this I could cry.

I found a small plastic container I can use for a foot soak, have the epson salts ready, and as soon as I try doing that I'm going to be fending off Mr. Nosey who will not "leave it".

Speaking of Rocky, I have been working with him and can really see improvement.  But it all goes out the window when we meet someone on our walks, and even more so if they also have a dog.  It's so frustrating to see him put his worst paw forward, when he can be so good when no one is looking.

Class No. 5 out of 6 this evening.  If they want an evaluation at the end of the series, I'm going to ask Jeannie to fill it out.  She does better with what they are teaching, whereas  in certain areas I do much better with my old "tried and true".  I sometimes find good Youtube videos, but this morning I started to watch one on keeping  your puppy from jumping.  I didn't watch long, when the trainer started talking about "markers", "clickers" and such.  Sometimes I feel like I'm too old to be alive, and I'm not even 78 yet!  (Too close for comfort though).

5 comments:

  1. I am only two years younger than you and I can understand your problems. I am glad the two dogs we have left are not puppies anymore. In fact they are getting quite old, so they fit in around here quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've lived in the "good old days", and glad I'm not a kid during this uncertain time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all feel that way as we age but you have to have more confidence in Yourself before Rocky will start listening to your commands.
    Be safe and Enjoy your new Patience!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope your toe heals soon. Do you think something bit you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked like a tiny bite at first. The redness is gone this morning but it may come back after I've been standing and walking for a while. It's still tender though.

      Delete