Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, May 20, 2018

One Day Left!

Just one full day.  I can't get myself moving to clean the house, but I am mostly packed.  A few last minute items and I'm finished - if I didn't pack it I'll either buy another one or do without!

The weather has been beautiful today, breezy and not hot.   I can't figure out what they are trying to do to us with all the spraying in the skies.  Today the skies were full of weird patterns plus a lot of huge X's   The X's look really bad and out of place.

I think I have done just about all the things I needed to do before leaving.  I mailed my ballot in yesterday for the June 5 election.  I just know I'm forgetting something important, but I have one more day to realize what it is. 

I may not post a blog tomorrow, but will try to write something when I'm safely on the right train and we are on our way through the beautiful mountains.    With my memory getting fuzzier, I just hope  everything goes smoothly.   I think driving would be much easier until I hit the Chicago area, and then it would be tense the rest of the way to the state line of PA and NY.   I'm just having last minute jitters. 

I'd appreciate it if my friends out there would send me some good vibes to get me through this last day and a half!   

8 comments:

  1. Here are your good vibes �� hope your trip will make good memories. Did you get your credit card in time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Vera. Yes, I got my credit card but not the debit card. I won't need it and will use the credit card when I need to.

      Delete
  2. Gypsy, may I ask how much a 1st class train ride is to NY?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my son bought the ticket I can't say for sure, but g years ago when I paid for my own travel it costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,000. Maybe a little less. Now I'm sure it is probably closer to 22 or 2300. You can access Amtrak on the internet and enter your start & stop points and get an idea. I only have gotten the roomette which sleeps two (the two seats form a bed at night and another bed drops down from overhead. I think it would be almost two cozy for two people but maybe not. The cost includes 3 meals a day.

      Delete
    2. Sorry for my spelling errors.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope to have a great trip and post some good pictures from the train this week. I'm really keyed up about it and just hope I can sleep tonight!

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful trip! Look forward to photos. I have never travelled by train. My daughter came back from Vancouver by train and enjoyed it very much. We are leaving Sunday for Canada's East Coast towing our small trailer.

    ReplyDelete