Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, December 9, 2016

Heat Wave!

I just came back from Costco and thought the weather seemed much milder today.  I checked the weather on my computer,  and it registers 57  and going up to a tropical 59 today, with tropical rain, of course.    (At 4:30 pm it is 63F)  I've put everything away and now need to eat my lunch (which I will call dinner) and then get myself up for going to the gym.  My steps after walking around Costco shows me that trip alone took me about 500 steps, and I did the short route through the store!

On the way back from the gym I noticed the beautiful sky - dark clouds, a few white puffy clouds here and there, and gorgeous blue sky where it is visible.  It makes my heart happy!    I FEEL GOOD!

I did the painting of the berries and took a couple of photos, which show the paint is still wet!  I'm not happy with the berries - I've seen blackberries with a few red little shapes, but not as many different colors as I've put in them.  I just kept on going figuring I can go back later and touch them up.  Also I don't know what is with the lines in the yellow background.  You can't see them when looking at the canvas.  They say "the camera never lies", and maybe that's true.  I wish I knew what it is trying to tell me though.

These little paintings have been a good exercise for me as I can see little mistakes in technique that I make with every one of them.  Now to get rid of those errors in future paintings.   As I have mentioned before, I can take a critical view about what I post.  I am still a newbie and if there are more experienced folks who can see what I'm doing incorrectly, please let me know.  And even if you think you don't know a thing about art, you know what you think looks ok and what doesn't.

I don't know which one to show, so I hope you don't mind if I post both of them.  One is taken a little bit closer to the subject, and it's a very slight difference.  Click to enlarge.





 I have to laugh at myself sometimes.  I mentioned that the paint in the photos looks like it's still wet, and I was thinking I should wait until it dries before I post them.  Duh, I would need to retake them because they aren't going to get any more dry in these photos!

I plan to keep on sketching when I have a few spare moments and the mood strikes me, and I also want to play around with some small sponges I bought for applying paint, as well as some round brushes that I'd like to see if I can use to get a "Bob Ross effect" on trees.

Weekend!  Don't shop til you drop!  I will probably stay away from the stores as I always try to do on weekends.

12 comments:

  1. To me it looks like the biggest trouble is a slightly out of focus picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would be me, Barney. It's probably partly my vision and partly I can't stand still long enough to get a good focus. Also the camera is falling apart! I'm going to try to get some highlights on some of the berries as well as some shadow, and I'm not sure what I'll do next. I'm still working on sketching trees, birds and animals and really enjoy doing that.

      Delete
  2. Your berries look pretty good to me.
    Yes we seem to be having a heat wave the afternoon temps have been in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably not healthy to go from cold to warm and back to cold in such short order, but the warm sure feels good, doesn't it.

      Delete
  3. Well your berries look just fine to me Gypsy. You just keep working at it and you get such pleasure from it so that is all that counts. I am so thankful to have our place here in Arizona but I feel bad for my family back in Alberta freezing their butts off in -40C weather this winter. It is cold back home in Canada brrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the reasons the cold bothers me so much is that my house is always cold. No doubt that's because it is a 1962 model mobile home and lacks insulation, decent windows, has an old furnace, etc. If I'm dressed warmly I usually don't mind the cold, but I think getting older makes it more difficult. Nothing can be done about that one1

      Delete
  4. I think it's cold everywhere. The high yesterday in Disney World was 63. I just love to gear your enthusiasm for painting and see your works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take the cold over what it will be during the middle of the summer!

      Delete
  5. I think it's cold everywhere. The high yesterday in Disney World was 63. I just love to gear your enthusiasm for painting and see your works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your paintings, wish I had as much talent as you do. What I admire most is how you dive into any project you undertake. It makes you happy and in the end that is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't see talent, but I do have stubborn determination when I want to do something!

      Delete
  7. My boyfriend left me because he said i took him forgranted. We broke up when he went to California for a vacation.i was lost of hope when my ex left me for no reason, and i feel like ending and giving up on him i cry every day coz i really love him so much, he was my love, my dad my every thing. so one morning in my office i come across a blog site on how to reunite and get your ex back with a love spell so i email this love spell site one http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/ told him every thing between me and my ex he assure me and give me 3 days promise of his spell that my ex will come back, after 3 days to my notice, my ex show up in my office go down on his nees and beg and apology for his mistake am so happy that we are back again plz i direct you to Dr happy a true love spell caster he will help you plz fine him on happylovespell2@gmail.com call +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete