Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, July 1, 2016

The heat goes on

Even though it's about 10 degrees cooler than a few days ago, I feel about the same.  I'm kind of lazy to begin with, but now I'm almost catatonic!

I went to Costco and Bel Air while it was still cool, and filled up the gas tank at Costco.  I dislike that job so I'm glad to have it out of the way.

I was getting desperate to buy a razor as I haven't shaved my legs in about a year.  Now to just get down to using it without cutting myself up!  I bought a package of 10 cheap ones with only one blade each - I read somewhere that 5 or 6 blades don't work any better than one.

While waiting in the deli at Bel Air, a guy came in and I overheard him talking to one of the servers there.  He told her that he mostly gave up eating bread, and lost 23# so far!  I got to talking to him and he admitted he cheated on weekends, but he sure looked pretty good and had no gut at all.  I still try to curb my intake of carbs and sugar and most of the time I do pretty well.  I don't count anything though - whatever I eat is what I eat.  I check all packages before I buy anything and don't buy foods high in carbs, but after that I don't keep track of my intake.

I can notice the difference between swamp cooler cool and a/c cool.  The cooler leaves a bit of humidity in the air, which is more comfortable in one way but has less of a chill.  Right now I could go for the big chill.

I haven't heard the dog next door today, so hopefully Ed found someone to take it and love it.  I'm sure Ed is relieved!

The pool party is tomorrow and I never did get a swim suit.  I don't like to swim so I won't miss it as long as I can find some shade to sit in.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

 

7 comments:

  1. We have cooled down quite a bit but it was replaces with very high humidity so I am gratefull for the A/C. Could your electric handle a small unit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want a room a/c. I like the swamp cooler as you can leave a window open slightly here and there, and I don't feel so closed in. Plus the only window that closes tightly now is the new bathroom window. I need to replace all these windows, but all in good time.

      Delete
  2. The heat is horrible here too. I know gasoline costs a lot more in California than Texas, was wondering how much per gallon you paid today. I have heard other men say the same thing about giving up bread and ice cream and losing 20 plus pounds in a month. That is so totally unfair. here I am starving to death to lower my sugar glucose numbers and I can't say I have lost that much and I don't even cheat!

    Hopefully Ed was able to find a home for the dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid $2.37/gal. at Costco yesterday. California has a "summer formulation" that costs a bit more and, gives you less mileage, but is supposedly less polluting.


      Men do seem to lose weight faster on the same diet than women do.

      Ed (next door) drove off with someone at 8am, and the poor dog has whined and barked ever since, so he hasn't found a home for the mutt yet. It is the most annoying, high-pitched, squeaky bark, and loud at the same time and hard on the ears.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply Gypsy :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry you didn't get a suit. I think with the heat you would really enjoy the pool. I really like AC mostly not just for the drop in temperatures but because it takes the humidity out of the air. The humidity is just so draining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have very little humidity here, so that isn't an issue.

      I was involved in a canoe accident nearly 40 years ago and almost drowned. I have't wanted to be on or near the water since. I don't swim, I don't care for oceans or lakes although they can be pretty to look at, but I do like creeks, streams and rivers. That is one reason why I'm a mountain and forest person, and not a lover of the sea! A swim suit would have been a waste of money, and I didn't even sit on the side of the pool and dip my feet in the water.

      Delete