Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Long Wait is Over

The dermatologist removed my stitches this morning, and all is well even though she gave me somewhat of a shock.  The urgent care doctor said right away the growth was not cancerous.  The dermatologist assured me the same thing when I had it removed, although they send it away to be tested just to be on the safe side.

This morning when she walked into the treatment room she was all smiles and said something to the effect, "Well, it wasn't cancer.  I was certain it was, but the test came back negative."  Whoa, there.  I don't recall her even hinting that there was a chance it could be malignant.  Thinking about it on the way home I realized she probably had confused me with another patient.  I'm satisfied with that explanation and won't give it another thought.  I'm so glad this is over and I don't have to do any more bandaging!

This time I followed the printed directions sent to me before my first visit, and all went well!  It was so easy, and why google mapped it in such a difficult way is beyond me.

I stopped by the library to return a book and to pick up one I recently ordered.  The new one is a book on CD's.  I've never listened to anything like that before and hope I can follow it with no problems.  I am reminded of the very old days before TV when I listened to Sky King, The Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, etc., on the radio.  When they all switched over to television I think the Lone Ranger was the only one who bore any resemblance to what I pictured from the radio series.  Sky King certainly was different.

I hope to go to the gym this evening, and really don't want to leave the swamp cooler running.  After coming home last week to a house that was 99 degrees inside, I think I may just let the electric meter roll and try to keep it somewhat cool inside.

I feel great and even 103 degrees or higher isn't going to change that!

13 comments:

  1. I remember listening to the Lone Ranger on the radio when I was in the second grade. The show was sponsered by a milk company. I would get a glass of milk and listen to the show sitting in my grandmother's rocking chair.

    It probably doesn't save much electricity turning the cooler off and then it having to work to cool things off agin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved listening to those old radio shows. I left the cooler on low this evening when I went to the gym and came back to a fairly comfortable house.

      Delete
  2. Turning the cooler off only makes it work harder to cool the hot house down. Same rule with A/C
    Happy to hear you are all healed now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never get used to or grow to like summers in Sacramento.

      Delete
  3. Glad you don't have to bandage your arm anymore but even happier that the possibility of that horrible "C" word never materialized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, if the ugly redness and swelling will just go away!

      Delete
  4. I know I could never get used to that heat in summer either. Always makes me wonder why people on those climates don't move. Some if them must like it. Glad to hear all is well with your arm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I could never get used to that heat in summer either. Always makes me wonder why people on those climates don't move. Some if them must like it. Glad to hear all is well with your arm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do people live year around in Florida? I could never understand that either, so I think most people are family or job based. I hate this heat but where would I move to? Away from family and the things that make me happy? No, I'll just grumble about the heat.

      Delete
  6. I used to work at an A/C place, and they said keeping the temp constant is the most cost effective way to operate your air conditioning unit. If you turn it off, things heat up, not only the air, but all the things in the house, walls, floors, furniture, etc., and when the A/C goes on again, all those things are radiating heat and have to be cooled down before the temps are comfortable again. Just FYI - that's what they said. So I think turning the A/C down, but not off, is a good idea.

    SO HAPPY it wasn't cancer. Whenever they remove anything like that, they always do a biopsy. I wonder if the doc thought it was cancerous, but didn't want to worry you until the results were back. I always have my skin checked at my annual appointment, just in case.

    I have a mole that's making me wonder right now. Every year they check it, and it's not cancer, but still.... The last one like it, I put a small square of duct tape on with a bandaid over it for weeks. I asked the doctor about it, and he said he'd heard of that working for warts, but hadn't heard of anyone doing that with a mole. He measured the mole and put the numbers in my file to see next time if it's grown.

    After the appointment I put duct tape back on it. A couple of weeks later, I removed it, and the mole is now small, light and flat. So... not cancer, they were right about that, and now it's almost gone. He's going to be surprised when I go back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the A/C and keeping it on, but the swamp cooler operates a little differently, and I'm not sure what is most efficient. I should look it up.

      Wow, I never heard about putting duct tape on a mole. I have more moles now than ever, but what I hate are the scaly patches that are brown and are not moles. I definitely remember the dermatologist seeing the growth on my arm when I first went in, and she was adamant that it was not a cancerous looking thing. When she took the stitches out she said she had been almost certain it was cancerous. I have to believe she is mixing me up with someone else who she is treating at this time. It isn't worth worrying about as far as I'm concerned. I think my arm is always going to look rough and scarred a bit, but it's good to have the whole thing over with so I can't be concerned about looks. I may try the duct tape thing on a couple of moles I have.

      Delete
  7. FYI, My late husband had a A/C business and Barbara is right but the cooler isn't much different when it comes to shutting it down. Your entire house heats up and takes much longer to cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the kind of tests results we like to hear:)

    ReplyDelete