Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Quick Update

After being totally stressed out for several days before leaving, I spend the night at Jeannie's and by the time i went to bed I was completely serene.  A couple bottles of Stella and good conversation really helped.

The plane left on time yesterday morning, arrived in Chicago on time, and my connecting flight was also on time.  It was a perfect trip.  The weather didn't interfere although wind turbulence made for a bumpy ride off and on.  I never mind the bumpiness, and this was no exception.

I flew 1st class to Chicago and what a difference that makes!  Unfortunately, leaving early in the morning meant I didn't take advantage of their totally free beverage service.  While others around me were enjoying Mimosas and the like, I stuck with coffee and water.

Breakfast was the most wonderful huge slice of quiche, with asparagus , potatos and chunks of ham, and a good sized bowl of fresh fruit.  It took me a while to finish all that food but I managed!    My daughter-in-law was waiting for me at the airport, and we had great conversation for the hour ride to their house.  My, how my grandsons have grown, both in height and in their actions.  They seem so much older and more mature, but Sandy assures me they still fight and bicker.  They were ready to help me make my coffee this morning, taking turns scooping the coffee grounds into the filter.  

I think I will start the day with a walk on the treadmill in the basement, and then run a couple of errands nearby.  It is a beautiful sunny morning here.   Thanks to all who sent me good weather and airport vibes yesterday.  I couldn't have imagined a nicer trip.

14 comments:

  1. Now that is a perfect flying day. So glad to hear it. Have a great time and relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I half hoped the day would go well but never dreamed it would be as good as it was.

      Delete
  2. It was great that you had a pleasant trip. That means you are off to a great start. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am off to a terrific start, and hope everything continues to be terrific.

      Delete
  3. First class?? I'm impressed. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me to have a son who bought and paid for the ticket, but didn't tell me about 1st class. I only realized it the day before I left when I looked closely at my itinerary.

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear that everything went so smoothly and First Class - WOW!! I've said it before but it bears repeating. You have some mighty fine sons! They must have had a super dooper mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, thank you very much. I am lucky to have my 3 sons and 1 daughter. I don't know how a woman can do without a daughter!

      Delete
  5. WOW is right first class and food fit for a Queen. My cousins left today for home(NJ) on the way here they got peanuts I guess that's what they will get going home too.
    Have a wondeful time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. I haven't been on a first class flight in quite a few years and forgot how exquisite the service is. The seats are plush as well. I'm getting spoiled.

      Delete
  6. You have a great family and it is obvious they love you. Glad to hear your flight went well and looking forward to your future posts. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. B. I think they are special I am reminded how hectic family life can be with young kids. You need a secretary to make sure you get each kid to appointments, practices, etc. at the right time. It makes my head spin!

      Delete
  7. Had I been on that flight with you that would have been 2 of us having coffee & water:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water is always the best thing to drink in that dry cabin air. I only had one cup of coffee, whereas I have a lot more than that at home. I'll be on a mid-day flight out of Chicago on the return, so I might have a beer, or maybe not.

      Delete