Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving

I had planned to come home yesterday (Thanksgiving) after the dinner, but  ended up staying two nights at Jeannie's house.  We went to the gym this afternoon to work off some of the calories and I didn't get home until about 4pm.  I had a wonderful holiday!






Although I had my camera along I only two pictures.  The above photos were taken by Jeannie, and I took the one below.  Thanksgiving morning was so nice and leisurely - Jeanne and I drank coffee together before everyone else got up and the preparations began in earnest.  Jeannie did the pies and I watched.  I make a damn good pie crust, but I think she just about has me beat.  I was as tender and flaky as anything I've ever made!  Donald did the turkey and most of the fixin's, and his mom and brother, Joe, Amy/Stephanie, and I made our own contributions to the feast.

Here is Donald with a huge helping of whipped cream on his pie!






I tried to not overeat and didn't go back for seconds, but I was stuffed nonetheless.  I sat at the kids' table as I'm back in my childhood!  The adults and kids were in the same room but it just worked out better spacewise for one of the adults to sit with the kids and I enjoyed it.

Now I'm back at home and I think I'm going to get my pj's and robe on, and relax before I go to bed early tonight.  I'm not used to the late hours I've kept the last two nights, but I loved every minute of it.  I don't think I'll do any Christmas shopping until after the weekend - let the serious shoppers fill the parking lots and stores!
 

11 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about shopping this year, nothing I wanted to go out for, especially early :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time. I ate too much too, even though I didn't do seconds either. I don't shop for Christmas at all, so it was easy to stay home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear you had a good fest and a great day. Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another GTG with your family.
    I didn't do seconds either but I sure felt like it. As a matter of fact I didn't eat much at all.

    No shopping done by me either. And probably wont. Made lots of gifts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you had a good time. Love the pictures. Beautiful girls. The picture of Donald and Jeannie is a real treasure. The love in her eyes. Get some sleep; I hope you keep that weight you've gained.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old age!! I mean the whipped cream picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking lucky you to be having Thanksgiving at Donald's table. Those ate great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you had a great time with your family.

    All you guys are so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete