Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Back on the trail

I parked my car at a lot a few miles further along the trail and walked about 2-1/2 miles, which is 5 miles round trip.  My legs are hurting, and I can't understand why they should  since I walk a lot to begin with.  

The sun was extremely bright today which makes the shady spots that much darker - not great for picture taking.  Also, I discovered that the distance from one end of the trail at Hopewell Junction to the other end at the Walkway over the Hudson (Poughkeepsie) is only 13 miles.  The person who told me the mileage thought it was 26 miles one way, but that would be round trip.  I wish I had started walking it sooner and could have done the entire trail, but as I only have 1 week left with other plans for some of those days I might not be able to walk to the other end.  It is slow when you have to walk for a distance and then double back.

(I tried to add a couple of photos but for some reason they look cockeyed and slanted on the page.  I can't figure out why that would be, but I think Google/Blogger doesn't like me at all.)

Most days since I've been here I haven't seen the deer, but they were out this morning.  Several were grazing in the back yard while one juvenile was running around in circles and leaping in what seemed like joy!  I also saw some on the road when driving out to the trail.  I will miss them and maybe I should start walking on the American River Parkway when I get back to Sacramento.  There are lots of deer there (as well as signs that mountain lions are in the vicinity).

The leaves are just barely starting to turn, and I should see a little more color during the coming week.  Some trees have leaves that turned to yellow, but I want to see the beautiful reds of the east before I go.








4 comments:

  1. My legs wouldn't be functioning at all after five miles. I think you're doing great. Leaves are very very slowly changing down here also. Hopefully before we leave we'll see some more color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are out on the trail seeing joyful deer. I can just picture it from your words. Hope you will get out there in Sac where there is evidence of mountain lions. Now that's really wild IMO. I'm hoping to see fall in Virginia this year so I'm crossing my fingers for red maples for us both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger has been making changes again. Why?
    Anyway you sure are getting in your walks enjoy

    ReplyDelete