Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I wanted to change the header picture but had a lot of trouble - couldn't get a picture description without messing everything else up.  I like this particular photo because it looks like one of the swans called a meeting of the flock (or whatever a group of swans is called).

I had planned to do a recap of my trip as well as my feelings about driving, camping, etc., in the various parts of the country.  I think I will wait until I get back to CA though, since my return trip will be in the south and will no doubt present different conclusions.  I've loved it all so far.

So far I've been resting and being lazy, but if the weather is good tomorrow I think I'll drive to Hyde Park and visit Eleanor Roosevelt's cottage.  Another day I need to get an oil change, and still another to find two new tires.  I hate it that I don't have a place to keep a full sized spare tire, as that donut is absolutely worthless in my view.

It is so good to be stationary for a while.  Driving a long distance takes its toll.

   

9 comments:

  1. hey I like to read your blog you always seem in such a better mood when your on one of your trips keep it up as long as you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great photo! Enjoy all and you go girl.. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. How far south are you going to go on your trip back to the west coast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had tea with Eleanor again today at Campobello. I'd love to visit her cottage at Hyde Park. Must put that on my list. Enjoy it for me for now.

    I had a donut and no where to keep a full spare so I just put it in the trunk where it takes up a lot of room. But I HATE donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that is why my header picture never changes. I just don't want another battle with it. Glad you're getting that relaxing done. I'll be real interested in reading your recap when you get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, know how that long distance driving takes it's toll alright. Right up there with jet lag. And it takes the body awhile to catch up with the brain again as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'll look forward to your recap too. Glad you're resting and enjoying yourself. I like your new header picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've been in New Brunswick so catching up on your blog. We'll be in Amsterdam on Sept 9, Ft Drum on Sept 12 and Endicott on Sept 19. I'll get hold of you when we get closer.

    I'm so glad you're with family, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on that donut hate those things. don't trust them either.

    Nice header, maybe Judy will stop by and correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's a gaggle of geese. I'm sure I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete