Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 4, 2013

Recovering at home

After all the work Jeannie did painting my living this weekend I am simply worn out today, and I decided to rest the entire day.

The walls and ceiling still need one more coat which we will do next weekend if possible, but in the meantime it is so improved over what it was I think it is beautiful.

The new thermostat is also installed and looks much better than the old one, although I'd rather have a "new old model".  The old one had one big dial by which you dialed the desired temperature and you were done.  The new one is digital and has a readout screen, up and down arrows which I can understand, and three buttons used to set date, time & temp.  Evidently I can set temps for four different time periods in one day, but I really don't need but one.  I want to set it and forget it.  I have it set right now to 55 degrees round the clock, but in the morning I would like it to come on and warm up to say, 70 degrees for a few minutes and then turn it back down.  I need a college degree in digital technology to do this.  I'm not saying I couldn't eventually figure it out, but as with many things, I simply don't want to waste my brainpower on it.  There are much better and more fun new things I'd rather learn.


It was so nice to go out to eat last night.  I rarely eat out and this was such a spur-of-the-moment thing that it was great fun.  Straw Hat Pizza is a family friendly place, and owned by the same family for years.  Our table this time was near one of those rocking horses that normally cost a quarter to ride, but this one is free and all kids love it.

I've had a wonderfully lazy day today that included a nap on the couch.  

9 comments:

  1. Some days you just need a restful day I think. I, too, enjoyed one of those today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had our new central air installed a few years ago, we were "lucky" enough to get one of those digital thermostats. It has 4 different times for every day. I just ignore the times, and set the temperature the same for all
    4. Then, ours has a "copy previous day" setting. So I go through it until every day is set for the same temp. We can bump up the temp. on occasion without changing the settings.

    I'm glad you had a nice, restful day, and that you are happy with the paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh that nap on the couch sounds GOOD!

    Programmable thermostats are nice up in the Wisconsin Winters. We can set it to go down at night by bedtime, and then fire up about half an hour before getting up so the house is toasty. Once the sun comes out and heats up the south side of the house around 10-11 am I have it set to turn down again until about 5ish when we are eating supper and evenings in the livingroom. Once it's set, now I forget about it.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure will be nice to get all the painting done. I hate to paint, rather do anything other than that. I end up wearing more than I put on. Nice to have a daughter so thoughtful to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A day of rest is good. I used to love to paint, not anymore. Body can't handle all those moves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Set it & forget it". My kind of technology too. And as far as using one's brain power for more better things.....couldn't agree more:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess Karen's explanation is why they have 4 time settings but it is hard to figure out how to do it.

    After all that hard work you have more than earned a lazy day. Have two, they are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love programmable thermostats. Like Karen, I have mine set to warm up the house before I get up, then, cool down around 9 in the morning. It again warms up around 5 and shuts down around 10 when I go to bed. No point in heating the entire house all night long. For those poor working souls, it is even better, a nice warm (or cool) house when they get home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lazy days are great, especially with a good nap.

    ReplyDelete