Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My (soon to be) Lance Truck Camper

I am so eager to see this camper and to get it onto my truck, that I think of very little else during the day. I've even joined the Lance Owners group, although not yet as a paid member so I only have limited access to forums.

My bank has put a hold on the proceeds from my 5th wheel sale, releasing some of it on the 21st but the bulk of the funds on the 28th of October. So I can't do anything in October. I have a number of things coming up in November - mammogram and bone scan for instance - and I had an appointment scheduled on December 10 with the eye surgeon. I moved that appointment up to November 19, so I can just take off shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday. Don't want to be traveling past all the malls on Black Friday! That should give me all of December and as much time as I need to make the trip south and take care of the transfer, and enjoy the sights while I'm there.

There is a small problem with my eyes, but I am using the power of positive thinking in that regard. I will know better where I stand after I've seen the doctor, although it all seems so far off. I have my "list of 5" to start planning for and I'm anxious to get started. I still have my trip east to work toward, but at least I won't have to worry about finding campgrounds with big pull-through sites, and can avail myself of way more opportunities.

So I'm going to stay positive and keep researching everything Lance. And of course I am keeping up with my weight training as well as the stretching routine. I haven't felt as good, physically, in a long time!

13 comments:

  1. Ok, so I couldn't resist the comment post... If you head down to the sw to pick up your new lance you can easily cross off the Grand Canyon from your list. And I don't think the park will be that crowded the first week or two of December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you. Looking forward to your post with the Lance on the truck. That will be a day to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's going to be hard for you to wait! So exciting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has certainly been a year of changes for you. Apartment living, eye surgery, new grandbaby, and now a new Lance camper is almost yours! I can hear the joy in your words....seriously, I can hear the joy.

    I positively know you will enjoy this TC so much more than your fiver due to it's size. The inability to park that big rig easily and in the types of places you prefer to use is all behind you now.

    Keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother and sister-in-law love their Lance camper so much that they are shipping it, on their truck, to England tomorrow.

    This is going to be so great for you. Congratulations.

    Maybe you can leave it on the truck, and have a run-about little car for everyday driving?

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my blog tonight I have a link to Ivan & Roadtrip 2010. Ivan has done extensive truck camping & when we met him last winter that is what he was driving. Nice fellow & would be a resource of practical information & experience for you. He also has a 5th wheel & that is what he is traveling with at the moment. Ivan is a Canadian Park Ranger at the point of retirement right now.
    Nice to feel your excitement building:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would be over at the bank investigating how to get them to release your funds early! They have the money, they are just holding it to see if someone comes back on the check and charges it back to them. There is surely a way to speed all this up. I would make noise about how you might loose the purchase opportunity because they are dragging it all out! Worth a try. They are just making interest off of your money at your expense. Banks do that these days, there is no honesty any more.
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I offer congratulations on the sale of your 5e?. I am now.

    So pleased for you that you are now free to make plans for the future and the Lancer Camper sounds just right for you.

    So exciting. I don't think I'd be getting much sleep if I were in your shoes. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! I can't wait to see your new camper. Did you say where in the SW it was?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a joy to be feeling better physically and now emotionally as you look forward to your new Lance. We're with you all the way

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great that you found something that will fit into your lifestyle!! I agree with the comment why should the bank hold your funds that long--geeze When will we see photos of your new baby?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you found a camper with a loaded weight that will fit your truck's capacity. I wish my 2500hd had enough capacity to consider a truck camper. Have fun out there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see you excited again. Be looking forward to pictures. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete