Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, July 22, 2022

The long, hot summer!

The long, hot summer has begun in earnest, and I can just say "Thank God for air conditioning".  I really feel sorry for those who don't have it.  At least in this part of California the nights are cool, and the coolness lasts into the middle of the morning.  I'm trying to take Rocky for his morning walk a bit earlier than  usual because I worry about his paws on the hot sidewalks and pavement.

Speaking of Rocky, he had a grooming session yesterday and looks absolutely gorgeous!  He usually comes back from grooming smelling so good, but evidently they didn't use any nice-smelling stuff on him yesterday.  I'm going to ask for it the next time.



4 comments:

  1. Sure wish our nights would cool down. I don't consider 90 as a low as cooling down. A/C is such a good thing. Cannot imagine life without it. I bet Rocky's black coat just shined. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I mentioned nice smelling stuff on my dog in the summer they didn't like to use it on them because it attracts bugs. Also they have little boots to put on our pets it is good for summer and winter. They protect the dogs paws. Good to see you posting. It's about time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied earlier to your comment, but it has never shown up. Sorry if it appears twice. I bought some dog booties for my dog Smoky when he accompanied me on the Appalachian Trail. It was in March and cold, and it was so funny to watch him take a step and then shake his paw to try to get rid of the bootie; then take another step and go through the same thing. I ended up just leaving them off his paws and he did fine.

      Delete