Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 28, 2022

I've "Caught Something"!

I don't know what it is or where I caught it - I'm only around Jeannie and her family and none of them is sick.  I haven't been able to talk much today - on the verge of laryngitis!  Of course I have no one to talk to, except Rocky.

Other than the "almost-laryngitis" I'm not feeling too bad.   Except that last night it seemed like my ankles were a bit swollen, and they haven't gone down yet!   I should see a doctor, but the medical people's first choice is a tele-visit via the computer.  Worthless!

I've been torn lately by the wish that I had stayed where I was rather than move out to live in the house of a friend of Jeannie's.  The house isn't bad except that I definitely don't care for the neighborhood, and have been feeling rotten since I've moved here.  I believe I am getting worse by the week!  Every time I think I am ready to let it all go and check out of this life, I look at my beautiful dog.  No one that I know of would want him.  Most people I know train their dogs as if they were Army recruits, and lord help them if they don't remember all the rules.  I have always let a dog be a dog, as long as they follow my basic rules and are friendly.   I wish I could have gotten him when I lived by myself and not close to any family - at least for the first couple of months.  Then I could have have started him out "my way" instead of having several people giving him instructions.   We live and learn, don't we!  He is a beautiful dog, with a beautiful personality and temperament.  I shudder to think of what will happen to him when I'm gone.

Enough of being a Debbie Downer!  Let's see, there must be something positive.   In just another week (actually 10 days) Donald and Jeannie will complete the  process of buying the house and taking possession.   Not sure how the moving of furniture, etc. is going to go, but I think it will be at the end of that week.  I can't wait to get my living room furniture back and use it again.  I have the dining table & chairs here, as well as my bed and a couple of other pieces.  I've been using a chest of drawers that was part of my ex's bedroom from the mid-1950's!  I'm glad to have had it.  Jeannie and Steve think I should get some sort of thing that can hang in the big wide closet, that will hold my clothes so I won't need a chest of drawers.  I guess that holds true as well for a dresser, but I will get myself a nice full-length mirror to hang in my room (or maybe on the back of the door).  And if I decide I want a piece of furniture instead of squirreling my things away in a closet, then I think I will just do what I like!

I will have my own private patio off my bedroom and have been looking (on the internet) for nice patio furniture.  I will need to shop in person for it though, and make sure it will fit my patio but not make it too crowded.

I'm hoping I can make an attitude adjustment when we move, and hopefully I can roll with the punches a bit easier than I have lately.  I've lived on my own and by myself for too long to be happy with being advised what I should and shouldn't do now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment