Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, December 13, 2021

Winter Has Arrived!

We are looking at several days of intense rain (off and on), which translates to a lot of snow in the mountains!   One weather report calls for 80" of snow in the Sierra in the next few days.  That's a lotta snow!  Living most of my life in the East, I've had my fill of snowy winters and now enjoy  rainy (sometimes) winters in California!

Donald and the girls put up the Christmas tree this evening.  They had gone to a Christmas tree farm this past summer and picked out the tree they wanted.  It is beautiful, but it's going to be a disaster and Rocky will take the blame.  He and Tito (my daughter's family dog) love to horse around and there is an accident waiting to happen.  I will be so glad to get into our place where I can bring Rocky in and close the door, or we can sit out on the patio and enjoy everyone's company.   Living so close to my daughter and her family as we are now, is very difficult over the long haul.  I'm already tired of it, as I am sure they are, and since I haven't been feeling well lately it is even a more difficult situation. I'd like to be happy and enjoy what time I have left.

The recent disaster that destroyed the town of Mayfield, KY has hit me hard!  My mom grew up near a little farm town about 10 miles away from Mayfield, and I spent a lot of time there during the summers.  Going into Mayfield now and then was a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment