Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

We're all vaccinated!

I'm so glad that all my kids and their families are now fully vaccinated.  Jeannie, Donald, and their two girls got their second shots yesterday and are a bit under the weather today, but they'll soon be feeling fine.  I wish they would announce availability of a booster - I was vaccinated in Jan/Feb of this year and it's now been about 6 months.  I don't think they really know how long the immunity lasts, but since I rarely go out of the house I'm not too worried.

I have a couple of medical appointments, but they like to make them remote via the computer.  I think it's a total waste of time, and absolutely useless. But at least I don't have to go into a waiting room where I sit in an uncomfortable chair until I can be seen.  I'd rather sit and wait at home! 

I will be so happy when the fall weather is here, as I've had it with summer heat!  The outlook is for more hot days in August.  Thankfully it gets down to the 60's at night and I have a wonderful cool breeze flowing in the bedroom windows.   I think the elevation change in our new location is only about 600 ft., but there is probably much less pavement to reflect the sun's heat.

I recently watched a video on productivity, using a planner, etc.  I don't know about you, but I have never found a planner useful in my life!  I write all kinds of notes and plans for my week, and within a couple of hours I'm already behind the plan!  Either that or I become obsessive about doing a task because it's in my plan.  I admit I just don't have the self-discipline to follow plans or rules, but I've been that way for 80 years.   No use changing now!  I do write things on a monthly wall calendar.  The calendar makes me so happy to use it as there is a different picture of black labrador retrievers on each monthly page.  Sometimes I just gaze at the pictures and admire the beautiful breed! 

6 comments:

  1. Sure wish my kid would come to his senses and get vaccinated. I figure we will be needing a booster and some point and we will be right there to get it. I put my stuff on my calendar on my phone. Never have used a planner, I'd probably just lose it. But I do keep a wall calendar with dachshund pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the last couple of years I purchased a wall calendar with photos of black labs. I just love looking at the calendar and see one of those beautiful creatures looking back at me! I'm not disciplined enough to use a planner! The wall calendar works just fine and I always know where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you lets get into winter already. Sick of this nasty heat 109 yesterday and not going to any better today.
    Planners are not for me either. Like Sandie, I use my phone and it lets me know when something needs my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am probably one of the few people who don't use my phone very often. For one thing, my hearing is getting worse, so I hate to try to talk on the phone and understand what someone is saying. I much prefer emails to communicate. Also, I write out notes to myself or place them on my wall calendar. I hate what cell phones have done to society. Everyone is looking at their phones, even when you are trying to hold a conversation with them. I think cell phones are the worst thing that have ever come into our lives. If people just used them as a telephone, it would be different. I'm showing my age, I guess.

      Delete
  4. We are going to look for the booster shots as well. We are planning on going to Iceland and would like
    that extra shot first:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you really enjoy Iceland. Is this your first trip there? I once flew to Germany via IcelandAir (or whatever their airline is called), with a stop over and change of planes in Rejkavik. It was in winter, but I was surprised it wasn't any colder than the weather in the U.S. The plane was delayed so we were put up in a hotel for the night - I was traveling to Germany to visit family (U.S. Army fam.) and took my youngest son along with me. We walked around the city to pass the time, and then stopped at a pizza place for a bite to eat. (Where else can you take a 14 yr old boy!) The small pizza we got was $18, which was outrageous back in those days. I only ate a small slice and let my ravenous teenage son have the rest. i loved walking around the city and envied the people in outdoor swimming pools - with thermally heated water. This was in the cold month of January! Enjoy your trip!

      Delete