Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Wait a Littlle Longer!

 I believe Donald & Jeannie will begin to show their house next week, and hopefully will get a buyer soon after.  I'm so tired of waiting and not knowing, and I refuse to start packing until I'm sure when I will be moving.  I hate to think of living out of boxes.

The weather here has been beautiful, reaching the 70's, although I'd like it  better if the wind would slow down.  I took Rocky out for an early walk and wish I had worn a hat!  I wore my fleece jacket but most other walkers I saw were just in short sleeves.  I think I wouldn't get so chilled if we didn't have to stop and sniff everything along the way.  Most of the time I let him stop - what's the point of taking him for a walk if he can't enjoy it, but I get very tired of all the stops and starts.

Jeannie stopped by last night and brought me up to date on their current house.  They have been busy taking care of all the little things that normally we let slide, but you can't let them slide when you are preparing to show your house for sale.  I just want to be settled.  I think they are going to put it on the market by the middle of next week.  Fingers crossed!

I should be packing up my own belongings but haven't done much so far.  With the change of seasons I figured I'd wait until I could get the summer clothes out, and I think it would be very uncomfortable trying to pack dishes and such, and then having to maneuver around boxes all over the house.  So I will just wait until we have a move date and then I'll do what I have to do.

My tomato plants are growing beautifully, and I sort of wish they'd slow down a bit.  I don't want to transplant them twice - in fact, I don't know how well they would take to being transplanted twice.  They will be ready to go into the ground in another week or two at the most, and I will no doubt have to plant them.  I'd grow them in pots  but don't have enough pots for all of them - approx. two dozen tomato plants of four varieties.  I bring them inside on trays every single night because of the chilly temps, and take them all back out on the deck in the morning sun.

That's my update on where I am so far in this upcoming move.  Absolutely nowhere!

9 comments:

  1. I think the wind has made its presence felt all over the United States and Canada judging from the blogs I read including in my corner of the world.

    I hope your daughter and her husband sell their home soon so you can have more clarity as to how long you have to pack your stuff. Moves are never easy but you are "a pro" having done this many times including moving to foreign countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The longer I live (almost 75 now) the more I feel that my choice to minimalize my possessions was a major contributor to my mental and physical health at this time of my life. Your have a special opportunity to enhance your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow Cash Crops vertically in Green Houses so if you plant your seeds in Pots it will be easy to transport and harvest them as they are.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the change of scenery.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them in paper cups and I suppose I'll have to just hope they don't outgrow them. I have about 24 plants so I don't want to go out and buy that may pots for them when I'd rather grow them in the ground. I shouldn't have bothered with them this year.

      Delete
  4. Well you could be having our weather - looking at maybe hitting 100 tomorrow. Happy Easter. Fingers crossed the house sells quickly and they find what they want to buy. Moving is so not fun but hopefully it will be behind you before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, 100??? I don't think I could bear it. I think we were in the 70's today but with little or no humidity I was chilly and wore a jacket all day. I'm ready to go, but until they sell and decide on one to buy, I have no idea how much space I will have so I'm not packing much yet. I figure I can get it all done in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The winds here are so horrible now for a weeks the temps are high but not as high as Sandie and Jim's we are in the mid 90's. I hate summer here.

    Hope your plants do OK in the cups until the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind is blowing here as well but it's kept things fresh and clear. I dread the actual summer which gets really hot and dry. Maybe moving to a higher elevation will keep the heat down. One thing about Sacramento is that no matter what the daytime temps are, the nights are cool - I need more than a sheet to be warm enough during the night. The breeze comes up the Sacramento Delta from the Pacific ocean, and it makes our mornings really cool (cold, in fact).

      Delete
    2. I'm reminded of one of my kids favorite sayings from when they were young: "You take what ya get, and you don't pitch a fit!"

      Delete