Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Old Folks' warnings!

I flagrantly disobeyed one this morning, and I can hear my mother's words very clearly:  "Don't go outside with wet hair, or you'll catch pneumonia and die".

I tried to take Rocky for a walk this morning and he wouldn't listen to a thing I said, so I brought him back in.  I decided to take a shower and wash my hair.  If we don't beat this virus pretty soon and get back to normal, my hair is going to be so long you can call me Rapunzel!

 I felt sorry for Rocky, so I dried my hair for a few minutes and then took him out again, with damp hair.  There is just enough of a chilly breeze that it made me feel cold with my damp hair.  We didn't stay out for very long because he hadn't learned a thing and still wouldn't listen.  I'll try again this afternoon when my hair is dry and hopefully the air is a bit warmer.  It's a beautiful sunny day here, so I shouldn't complain, and who knows what kind of heat summer will bring this year. 

 I think my awful reaction to the 2nd covid vaccine is just about over with.  I can't imagine why I had such a negative reaction, when the first shot didn't bother me at all.

I have seeds ready to plant for 4 varieties of tomatoes plus green and yellow squash.  Those two veggies are all I ever plant, and most of them never make it into the house as I eat them right there in the garden.  I love the squash and give Jeannie most of the tomatoes.   I gave it a lot of thought this year because my heart isn't really in it.  I have had a positive attitude for most of my life, even through adversity.  But this past year of almost complete isolation has done something to me that I can't understand myself, much less explain what it is.  Some of you will know what I am talking about, and those of you who have a partner won't have much of an idea.  I guess a lot depends on which part of the country you live in, but I take this whole thing seriously and am determined to not catch covid.  So I stay in isolation and except for when Jeannie or Steve come by, I don't ever see or talk to another human being most of the time.  It's a sad state of affairs, especially in one's "golden years"!  I have had a wonderful and mostly happy life, and I hate to see the latter part of it come to this disaster.

I finally got Rocky out for a decent walk, but the wind was blowing strongly enough that I was uncomfortable and cut the walk short wonder if I will ever get some of my energy back.  I sure hope I do so I can face all the problems that keep popping up.


 

6 comments:

  1. I've heard lots of folks have had bad reactions to the 2nd shot. But after a few days they are fine but still have some fatigue for about a week. But after your second shot and the time they tell you to wait you can feel free to go out but still wear your mask and enjoy a store or Salon. I wonder if I will ever get to the first shot. Again today it didn't happen this medical center that I was supposed to use seems to higher anybody and nobody knows what the hell is going on. I found another place today but the nearest appt. is April 5th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I have had the shots I wouldn't think of going into a salon or a store.

      Delete
  2. The good news is, you've had both shots. Isolation is now your choice. You are free. I know when I am able to get the shot, I will make up for lost time. You should do the same.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I'm staying pretty much in isolation. I won't worry about it much, but I'd rather wait until this pandemic has been overcome before I resume life in full force.

      Delete
  3. Yes, this getting old thing is for the birds, one thing after another... and keep losing friends... don't really want to be the only one left!
    We have been having sunny weather, but only like 43!! and that wind is like it is blowing right off the snowy mountains... so pretty much stay inside and try to find things to keep me occupied, today had to go thru all the rigerol to get taxes done, geez... and laundry... fun, fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing laundry right now. But for fun things, this morning I planted about 24 little pots with tomato seeds. I can't wait to see the tiny shoots pop up out of the soil.

      Delete