Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Hope for the New Year

I think we are all hoping for a more normal new year.  I realize it will take the first few months to "normalize", but I'm trying to keep my hopes high, and also realistic!  To me, 2020 was nearly a total waste and I don't know how I could get through another one like it.

 Workmen will start replacing parts of the fence along one side of my back yard, so I will have to keep Rocky inside for a few days.  He loves to go visiting and is an escape artist to boot!  A large section has been replaced about a month ago, although they need to build up the soil level to meet the fence.  As it is, he has no problem finding escape routes or going under the new fence.

I know I'm not alone in dreaming of peace in our country and in the world, and a better political atmosphere.  The last four years has been the absolute worst in my memory, but the people have been so divided that it will be difficult to bring back any sense of normalcy.  We can only hope.

So here's to 2021 and an end to the divisions in our society. 

6 comments:

  1. Like you've just said the divisions in out society created by a hate filled office is going to be tough to fix. We can only hope that people will see how ugly things are and the reason behind it. In the numbers at elections that had been primary Rep. switched over their votes because they saw what happened. It doesn' mean or do I say they changed parties theys just new they had to change their vote this time around. So let us all hope more will see the light at the end of the tunnel and help bring us all back together. It will not happen over night for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people have been filled with hate for a long time now. It took trumpy to let them know it was ok to say it out loud. I'm not sure if we can "put the genie back into the bottle" now.

      Delete
    2. The events in Georgia include tRump threatening Georgia's secretary of state...hope that some of his supporters will see him for the traitor and danger to democracy that he is.

      Delete
    3. I doubt his supporters will ever see him for what he is. I don't know what makes people so blind.

      Delete
  2. I too have great hopes for 2021. But I'm also trying to be realistic about my expectations. Its going to take a long time for us to heal from the pandemic and from the hatred of politics. But Rocky will have a new fence and that's a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might not be too difficult to surpass the year of 2020 in nearly every way. Have you ever seen anything like it?

    ReplyDelete