Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 16, 2020

I'll try again

This is without a doubt the worst update ever done to Blogger.

Since I last posted I've turned over another year, so  I guess that's as good an excuse as any for being crochety.

I like the cooler weather we are having lately, but I dress warm when I take Rocky out for a walk, and then discover I don't need the extra layers.  On this morning's walk he insisted on pulling me so I turned him around and came back home.  I'll need to take him out again I suppose, and I bet he will be as good as gold.

It's a shame when life comes to the point when "going out" usually means a visit to a medical professional!  I'm lining up an echocardiogram soon and will be glad to get that done.  My heart seems to skip a beat now and then (it always has during my lifetime) but something seems different so I might as well get checked out.  After turning 80, I've made up my mind that I'm going to celebrate 90 in 10 years, so I have to make sure I get to 90!

I also got word that my new prescription eyeglasses are ready to be picked up, and Jeannie will take me to get them after she finishes work today.

I remember when I used to enjoy going out and shopping, but in the last year the few times I've done that was for medical items and supplies.  I do enjoy shopping online though and it's always fun when a package is delivered.  Yesterday's package was for Rocky (and he recognizes the box from Chewy.com), so next it is my turn.

There sure isn't anything new or exciting to write about the past several months, and it looks like we are in for another bout of Covid, so there won't be much to write about for the next year.  I hope you can all stay safe and out of harm's way.  I'm probably overly cautious, but I'm also very determined that I am going to die of old age when it's time for me to go.

 

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!
    You did the right thing with Rocky from what I have seen and read about then wanting to pull you instead of going your way.

    I try not to go out but sometimes you just have to get things done that I couldn't get done online today or to even get curbside pickup. GRRR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really tired of the current situation, but have no choice but to stay home now that I don't drive.

      Delete
  2. Another Belated Birthday Wish heading your way. Hope to be sending you at least Twenty More.
    When Rocky realizes you are in control he'll start listening.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the cooler temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Rocky is learning - I knew when I got him that a purebred black lab can take longer to mature than most dogs. It was suggested I prepare for him to be a puppy up to 5 years! At 2-1/2, he's half way there, and I'd say his behavor is about the same!

      Delete
  3. Belated Birthday wishes and a year of good health. Just remember that Rocky needs you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky is the reason I want to live another 10 years!

      Delete
  4. Is there somewhere Rocky can go where he can run ? Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a huge fenced in back yard but has gotten lazy and likes to nap on the couch most of the time. I try to walk him on a leash so he can get out and see something different. It's nice when my daughter brings their puppy over and the dogs can chase each other around the back yard.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday. And at least ten more. You did the right thing to make Rocky go home when he didn't behave. He's smart and will figure out that if he behaves he gets to have a wonderful time. If not, home. The only places Jim and I go are different doctors. So exciting. But with Covid taking off again, being at home isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same way. I don't really even want to go anywhere specific, and especially don't want to go into a store of any kind if I can help it.

      Delete
  6. I want to add my name to your “Happy Birthday” list. Hope the next year will be better than the last. Glad to see that Rocky is getting better. Enjoy your cooler weather. If need be I can even send you some rain, we sure have enough of it up here 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes. As I have always done, I got very depressed on my birthday. I don't know why it bothers me so much but somehow it does. Now that a couple of days has passed I'm ok! The only birthdays I really enjoyed were my 16th, when I could get my drivers license, and my 21st, when I could vote (now the voting age is 18).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't believe you are 80. That's amazing and I certainly wish you at least 10 more wonderful birthdays and good health for them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry. I find it hard to believe I've reached 80, but sometimes I feel every day of it. I hope I can last another 10 years at least. My grandma lived to be 97, when she was hit and killed by a speeding driver facing the sun. I'm sure she would have lived to be 100 otherwise. I would like a few more years but only if my mind holds out!

      Delete
  9. I want to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday and many many more!!!

    I am sorry I am late to the topic but I gave myself some time off from the Internet. You are right this new Blogger update is the worst one to date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to give myself time off from the internet, but I find myself constantly looking at it. I could take a day off and maybe clean my house, but what fun is that!

      Delete