Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

A Chill in the Air

The past few days have been so pleasant with sunny skies and a bit of chill in the air.  Sleeping is great, and I enjoy a morning walk with Rocky, although I've been cutting it short the past two days because he pulls on the leash when he sees another dog.  I hope he settles down soon or I might not even live to see it!  And who would want an ill-mannered dog when I'm gone.  He deserves better than I can give him now.

I visited the eye doctor last week; my regular doctor retired so I saw another one in the practice.  Absolutely worthless! This coming Friday I will see Jeannie's eye doctor and hope I have a better outcome.  I think I need new glasses, but will see what the doctor has to say.  I am sick and tired of endless appointments with doctors and the dentist.  The eye doctor that saw me last week didn't even ask to see my glasses or to ask me how I was doing with them.  And because they are worn constantly they probably need adjusting.  

I'm so glad I turned my ballot in last week.  I filled it out in the car while waiting to see the eye doctor, and I think I mentioned that my son, Steve, read the options to me and marked the ballot as I made my selections.   It was a lot easier to vote in the old days, and I swear the print was a decent size.

 I hope all the American citizens reading this will be sure to vote early!  I would hate to wait until the last day, and I am so glad I turned in my ballot about a week ago.  Here in Sacramento there are ballot boxes in many places - I deposited my ballot into a box in my Raley's grocery store.  I certainly hope there isn't much strife and stress with the voting this year.  I'm so glad I live where I do and feel pretty certain that there won't be any tampering with the ballots.  But who knows what will happen, and we can only hope our country can get back to normalcy when this is past.

See y'all later.



 

 

  




  

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. It has been beautiful here as well. Today it was pretty cold with the morning low of 30 degrees but I have 2 really good elctric heaters. I turned the one on in my room and waited until the chill was gone so I could jump in the shower. But I'm loving this weather. But by Thurs we will be back in the mid 80's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like our weather. Nights are always cool here, even in the hot part of the summer, but I love the cooler days we're having now.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear from you! I have also voted and deposited my ballot in the ballot box at my local library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be glad when this is over with an we have a winner, although the current president might not concede. I would love to see the Secret Service carry him out of the White House.

      Delete
  3. My fireplace is going strong this morning as it is only 45. Today should be beautiful. I mailed my ballot to Montana and it has been received and accepted. There's an app that I could use to track it. I too will be so glad when this is over with but I'm afraid it could go on for months. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck with your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully, you can see a decent eye doctor soon. I too need to see one but with all these new Covid-19 cases I am afraid to go anywhere near a medical facility.

    I am glad to hear that you and the people that commented here have all voted early as well as many of our fellow Americans.

    ReplyDelete