Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, September 20, 2020

It's almost like Fall!

With the temperatures down below 100 degrees, it almost feels like autumn weather out there.  I did break down and turn on the a/c at about 4pm (an hour ago).

My son and granddaughter (Steve and 3-yr old Quinn) came over yesterday to take Rocky to the vet for his annual checkup.  It was a quick checkup at that, but at least they gave me some calming meds so I can get his nails trimmed.

Speaking of Quinn, what an adorable little girl she is!   And what a personality! 

Rocky is on my s*** list right now.  I just bought him a new comfortable bed which was delivered yesterday, and which on closer inspection today, reveals two chewed spots in the top of it.  He didn't waste any time getting to it.  I don't know if anything can be done about a dog that chews everything in sight - my experience from years ago is that some dogs keep chewing for the rest of their lives.  I am furious with him and he knows it.

My wrist doesn't hurt constantly lately, although it may be that I just don't think about it all the time. It's bad enough as it is, but better than it was.

It won't be long until September is over with.  I think I missed Labor Day completely.   So this year Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day have come and gone without so much as a firecracker going off in my neighborhood.  I have been thinking how glad I am that I had everyone here last Christmas.  

With my wrist such as it is - I haven't done any real housecleaning for months.   I'm going to have to get motivated and do something soon, but wonder if it's even worth the effort.

I thought I had sworn off gardening after the debacle with the chinese seeds this year, but have decided i will try again next year.  I don't intend to plant any seeds but will purchase tomato plants and set them out - I'm undecided on the zucchini and yellow squash as they grow so well from seed, but I'll have to see what is available at a garden store.  I hope my wrist has healed by next March or April, at least well enough for me to handle the gardening chores.  I have a birthday coming up in a couple of months, and wonder if I'll be too old to work in the garden next spring!

Have a good week!

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Our daughter's lab Sanford chews all the time so she got a Deer Antler for him. Even after Six Years he is still chewing the same one.
    If you plant from seeds you can start them at different times to spread out your harvest.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the cooler temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started a lot of seeds indoors last year and they were looking very healthy. Unfortunately I had received a small packet of tomato seeds from Shanghai and thought, "What the heck, I'll plant these as well." Big Mistake! They grew but when I set all my plants out in the garden, none of the plants did well and produced very little fruit. I blame the chinese seeds and it turns out there was a mass mailing of these seeds to people all over the country. Many of these folks were smarter than I and didn't plant them, but those who did had disastrous results as I did. Before I plant anything next year I will have the soil tested to see if there are traces of whatever China did to those seeds. I also plan to buy established plants from a garden nursery next year.

      Delete
  2. When Fred was in a bigger crate he would rip his beds to shreds and I had the stuffing everywhere. Since he is in a saller one know he can't flip it over and get to the bottom that's where he was able to pull it apart.

    Good to hear your wrist is getting better and you have less pain.

    If you feel up to doing another garden do it. I wanted to start a small garden in huge pots that I have around the yard but I see Walmart did away with the garden center and I haven't been to Lowe's but must go to buy paint for the outside so I guess I'll check then.

    Seeing our grand children is a uplifting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will go to a private garden nursery early next year and buy established plants. But I may buy a few packets of seeds just to be on the safe side.

      Delete
  3. I am glad Steve and Quinn were able to take Rocky to the vet but more importantly that you got to visit with them.

    I do not think there is an age limit to gardening. When we lived in Austin, Texas we had a neighbor who I think might have been in her 80's and she had a beautiful garden full of vegetables and spices that she worked on all the time as a way of dealing with her husband's death.

    It must have worked because a few months later she told my Mom that she was ready to start dating again but this time she was looking for a younger man as she had outlived three husbands :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your story about the neighbor in Austin. After going through 3 husbands I don't think I want another one. Two of them have died and I have no idea what happened to the third.

      Delete
    2. Hee, Hee, That last sentence a good start for a mystery story. I being almost 80 don't think a husband will ever be in my scene. Life is very lonesome though.

      Delete
    3. Caddie, I agree completely. I don't want another husband and I guess there is a lesson to be learned when dealing with loneliness. I'm tired of life's lessons - sometimes I feel like I've been through a war and I just want a nice, uncomplicated life with people around (but not too close).

      Delete
  4. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete