Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The Days Roll By!

Sometimes I forget what month I'm in, and of course, I certainly can't remember the date.

Ara returned home this past weekend, and almost immediately got a new puppy.  She's been wanting one for some time, and now has a very cute blue heeler puppy.  Like children, the baby stage is so precious, but you can breathe a sigh of relief when they grow out of it.  I'm very pleased with my puppy (and yes, he's still considered to be a Lab puppy at 17 months).   Ara will do well with puppy training, as she really helped Rocky for the relatively short time she was here this summer.

I had my first experience with house cleaners this past weekend, and I'm very happy with their work.  They were here quite a long time, but said the next time it won't take as long.  I'm sure certain jobs aren't necessary as frequently as others.  But today I had an "AH HA! Gotcha Moment" when I found one of the side windows was neglected.  It gave me something to do, and I cleaned the dust off the wooden venetian blind slats and washed the window!  Everything else is just about perfect.

I want to mention that my garden is full of tiny sprouting plants - so many that I need to start thinning them.  As I said before, I was a bit despondent when sewing the seeds and I didn't keep any records of what the seeds were.  I can recognize the peas, and think I see carrots coming up, but I know there are several more veggies growing,  I need to get in there soon and start pulling out the grass that is sprouting.  I'm so happy about the garden so far, and look forward to next spring when I can get an early start and do it all better, I hope.  I will also need to figure out some way to provide a bit of shade in the hot Sacramento sun. 

I'm really sleepy, but am trying very hard to not nap in the middle of the day.  Enjoy the rest of the week, and I'm going to try to do the same!

4 comments:

  1. Ara must have really enjoyed training Rocky to have gone out and gotten a puppy as soon as she returned home.

    Some of your readers were right saying that your destroyed seedling would sprout. I know next spring you will have a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been wanting a dog for some time and researched a lot of breeds by the time she decided on this one. From the photo she sent it sure looks like a sweetheart!. Big stand-up ears!

      Delete
  2. Happy your seeds are sprouting out, I wouldn't know what to pull out or how much. Enjoy your gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have rows of seedlings that I will have to thin out - probably pull every other one to start out. I have four planting beds on a slope,.marked off b by "boxes" built to separate them. I think I watered more than enough a week or so ago and I believe some of the seeds migrated down to the next box, making it difficult to tell what is what. I'll know once they grow into an identifiable plant - probably very soon.

      Delete