Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 11, 2019

Down in the dumps!

I'm really not feeling up to par, but don't want to wait too long a time between posts.  I don't know if it's my age, my mental state, or what.  It's probably a combination of a number of things.  I think I am really tired and don't  get enough uninterrupted sleep every night, plus maybe some other issues.

A few weeks ago I ordered a lot of organic seeds, and my daughter-in-law Meg and I were going to do some gardening this spring.  I still have the seeds and decided this morning to take some out of each packet and save them for my own use, and give Meg the biggest part of them.  I wanted to type out the planting and relevant instructions for each, so that I could give Meg most of the seeds in the original packets, and made up some envelopes for the ones I will keep.  To my dismay when I was going to type up the planting instructions, I can't read the darn small print on the packages!  

My eyesight is definitely worse for close up work, reading, etc.  The surgery successfully lessened the "black spot" in the center of my vision, which is common with macular degeneration, but close up vision is worse.  I hold the computer almost up to my face when reading anything on it; I have increased the print size and  it seems to apply to some applications but not all.  

Rocky being such a handfull certainly doesn't help my mood sometimes! 

The heavy rains we have been blessed with have made the grass and weeds take over everything.   I love the cool weather the rains bring, and it won't last much longer so I'll enjoy it while I can.   No amount of walking gets rid of all the energy Rocky is building up.  He needs to run, chase a ball, wrestle with other big dogs, and be a general nuisance.

I hope to be able to write a more cheerful blog next time!  

3 comments:

  1. Life is too short to waste time being down in the dumps. Cheer up, be happy, and enjoy the wonderful life that God has given you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Dick. Life is what you make it, good or bad but a positive attitude truly helps.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly understand what you are going through. I too have bad eyesight and everything seems to be in small print these days, sometimes a magnifying glass helps other times it does not.

    The weeds are really out of control, I need to declutter, I can not get a good night's rest, I am tired all the time and have no energy to speak of. While I love the cats they drive me nuts and are a PIA sometimes.

    Hang in there you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete