Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Almost blown away!

I took Rocky for a short walk and was hit by the wind from the north!  It is blowing fiercely and I sure didn't stay out long!  Rocky doesn't seem to mind it as much as I do.

Speaking of the basketball star, he still limps slightly, but not all the time.  It seems to come and go, and I have to look closely to even see it as it isn't a pronounced limp.  I noticed yesterday that he wasn't jumping on people, although he ran around with the dogs at the dog park when it was open briefly.  It rained overnight so the darn thing is closed again for today. 

I had lunch with my niece and her husband yesterday and it is so nice to be with them.  Jeannie is having all the family over to her house on Sunday, so it will be a nice gathering.  I cherish those times!

I'm getting antsy to move, and it's down to 3 months to wait.  I have so much to do before then.  I sure hope Rocky has calmed down a bit by then, as he will be turning 1 yr old on the 28th of May.  I realize he will still have another 6 months to a year to go until he acts like a mature dog, and maybe he will remain puppy-like in his energy and temperament for even longer.  I just marvel all the time at how beautiful he is, how playful he is, and sometimes how transparent he is when he tries to trick me!

 I know there are so many things I should be doing, but I don't know where to start!  Getting old is a PITA!

19 comments:

  1. "don't know where to start" just grab a corner and start pulling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have moved a half dozen or so times an sure don't ever want to move again. I love it here living next to my swamp. Love hearing the frogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crazy about the idea of actually moving with all my belongings, but I will be very glad to have a little more room. The houses around me now are just about on top of one another, and I'm hoping my dog will enjoy the big back yard. No doubt he will miss the company of other dogs. Maybe I should get him a companion!

      Delete
  4. Glad his foot is better. Must have been bruised. A companion? Maybe one that isn't a puppy. Two or three years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still see him favoring that paw now and then, but he seems to be doing much better. I don't know if I could handle a companion for him, but I have thought about it - definitely one that isn't a puppy! My kids would probably have me committed!

      Delete
  5. Dogs are sure a handfull and sure keep you on your toes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the understatement of the year! I love him but he really wears me out.

      Delete
  6. What area are you moving too? Maybe we could get my boy Dermot and Rocky together for a play date one of these days!

    I moved in December and wish I would have purged more. Some of my boxes I don't even want to unpack - just saving them for a yard sale. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be moving to Carmichael, off Lincoln Ave. Are you near that area?

      Delete
    2. I'm in the Arden-Arcade area so not too far. You'll be close to Bannister Park which is a great place to go with Rocky!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like your weather day was just like mine. The wind was so strong it was a litte concerning and again we only made 47 for the high tomorrow the same.

    The thought of getting rid of all this stuff is over whelming and may just keep me in this house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I don't have much of a choice, so I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start packing one of these days.

      Delete
  8. Glad Rocky is doing a little better.

    You were kidding when you said you wanted another companion for Rocky right?

    I need to purge but I get so frustrated when I look at all the stuff and know there is a lot of useage left in them. I do not think there is any hope for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sort of half kidding about a companion for Rocky. .

      When I'm trying to get rid of stuff I get stuck on sentimental reasons to hold onto things. If they have any use left, I donate them to Salvation Army with no problem, but if they bring back really good memories I seem to hang onto them.

      Delete
  9. Have you checked the paw on the foot Rocky is favoring to see if there is a sticker in the pad of the paw or perhaps a small cut? Their paws are sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find anything, and no one else that has looked was able to see something in his paw either. I think he just came down hard on it and maybe hit something - possibly the apparatus of the basketball hoop.

      Delete