Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Quick post

I felt pretty decent this morning but going down fast, and I'm meeting Jeannie at the gym at 4:30.  It's really late for me as what little energy I can muster has run down by then, but I enjoy seeing her when I can.

I'm trying to not watch so many Youtube videos now but need something to do when I'm sitting down.  So I have been working the daily xword in the newspaper, plus they carry the NYT xword which is a bit more difficult, and there are word games, word searches, etc. every day as well.  I usually finish each of them in no time after which I always say out loud:  "Damn, I'm good"; or "You're really good, Marty".  It's always a plus for me to know I'm retaining my word skills, which means my mind is still okay - at least that's how I look at it.  I sure can't meet many physical challenges these days.  Talking to myself? - Well I don't know what that says about me!

I just got word from my doctor to take iron tabs twice a day rather than just once.  Ok - I'll do it, but I can't imagine how much more magnesium I'll need to counter the side effects!  Taking any kinds of pills at all just puts you on a roller coaster.

Well, look at me and my "Quick Post".  See ya tomorrow - I'll try to post after my dr. appointment which is fairly early, west coast time.

8 comments:

  1. Still thinking of you. I'll check in tomorrow to see what they tell you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always see eye to eye with doctors - I don't think they appreciate someone doing their own research.

      Delete
  2. Doctors and I have always had an adversarial relationship. I didn't antagonize them on purpose, but just had so many questions they became defensive. I decided that I liked me better than they did and started searching for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty much the way I feel, except that I love my cardiologist. She doesn't seem to mind answering my questions, and I always take my daughter along who has questions of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have a doctor like that, hang onto her!

    ReplyDelete