Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, April 23, 2017

An Evening Out

Yesterday afternoon Ara and I drove across town to Steve & Megan's house for dinner and socializing.  I hadn't been there for quite a while because I certainly could never drive it myself, and because I'm turning into an old lady and usually prefer to stay close to home, if not inside my house!

I truly enjoyed every minute we were there - catching up on the latest, enjoying a couple of beers and good snacks, and just the conversations, the kids and the dog!  Steve fixed dinner - baked salmon filets (my favorite seafood), and some delicious side dishes, followed by chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert.  We ended staying and enjoying being together for some time after dinner.  

In the light of day this morning I see all the disarray in my own house and wonder if I'll ever get it all straightened out.  There is no sense in me trying to move things that the guys left, such as tubes of caulk, tools, etc.  They will need much of it to finish the job and I am not going to mess with it.  I can ignore it all when I see the light coming in the beautiful windows.  I've washed the curtains that were hung previously and just to have a more finished look I re-hung a panel on each side of several windows.  That will do me until I decide what I'd like to hang as a decorating item.  Up to now I have no idea what I want, but these panels will suffice in the meantime.

After not using the gym for well over a week I am excited to be going this morning with Jeannie & Ara.  I'm going to vow to at least walk every day I can get there from now on.  I need the exercise badly.

I am so happy to report that the probiotics and tumeric seem to be working.  Last night, after only two days of taking these supplements, I didn't need something for indigestion before going to bed.  I usually either drink baking soda in water, or apple cider vinegar in water in order to be able to sleep.  It's too early to be sure that it's the probiotics, but this is how quickly I noticed the good results when I initially started taking them.  It's incredible how fast they work and what a difference they make.  You can buy antacids for way less money, but you have only masked the problem and not done anything to solve or cure it.  It amounts to the requirement for good gut bacteria, to put it bluntly, and we don't get enough of it in our diets these day due to the large scale farming and food processing removing nearly every beneficial aspect of our foods.  That's not even considering the depletion of the soil, toxic substances that end up in our soil, and ultimately in our food.  I shudder to think of the radiation from Fukushima alone, and we will never be told of the true scope of the problems from that.

Let me get off my soapbox - I didn't mean to climb up there this morning - and get ready to leave for the gym.  Wishing you all a good day today as well as the coming week.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a great meal, and I didn't have to cook anything which made it even better!

      Delete
  2. Haven't had chocolate cake in forever. Now I'm jealous. I need to walk mire often but I just don't make myself do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had it either and it was even better than I remembered! I did a fairly easy 1.1 miles today. I used to pus myself more but now I'm just glad for what I can do.

      Delete
  3. Those new windows have made you very happy. I know how badly you needed them and wanted them.

    Dinner sounded wonderful. I love salmon and I haven't had chocolate cake in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With you all the way!! Climb on your soapbox any time you want. These things have to be said and more people need to be concerned. So glad to hear the probiotics and tumeric are working. Wonder which is doing what. I vow to walk every single day but unless I'm hiking, it too often doesn't happen. I am doing yoga every day though so that's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think probiotics and tumeric seem to work together for me, but if I had to choose one it would be probiotics. In case anyone is interested in trying them but are put off by the price, I saw a bottle in the vitamin section of my grocery today - forget the brand name but will check it if anyone is interested. It didn't seem to have a lot of additives, and the bottle (100 tabs? 120?) cost less than $7. Groceries, at least the one I shop at, usually carry a number of brands and some of the same products are under more than 1 label. It's important to read labels and I look for the brands that have no fillers, coloring (red & blue coloring is in some products and I've never figured out why), etc. These days I read the labels on EVERYTHING, even if it's something I purchase regularly, as they often try to sneak things into the products.

    ReplyDelete