Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Art Class

I have about an hour before I leave so I thought I would start the post and finish it when I get back home.   I think I have all my supplies together - I need to get a set of wheels similar to what you roll luggage on around the airport.   

I saw my chiropractor this afternoon and feel so much better.   I told him I feel like death warmed over, but I guess it's not that bad.   On my way home I stopped at the grocery and among other things, bought a quart of Tillamook Vanilla Bean ice cream.  You can see the tiny little flecks of the bean, and of course I ate a sample spoonful before putting it in the freezer.  I will enjoy it after art class.

Later:
The class went pretty well .  I am almost 100% certain I have no talent, but the instructor acts like I'm doing a great job.  I told her that 5 years ago I would have quit the class, thrown out the canvas, and sworn off ever trying anything artistic again.  She asked what was the difference 5 years made, and I think it's just that I'm finally growing up and getting some maturity.  Even though I'd love to be as talented as the others in my class, I am who I am and I'm enjoying myself.  I hope nobody is thinking to themselves that I am making a fool of myself, because only I could do that and I choose not to.  I'm just doing my best as I'm trying to learn something and enjoy my time.  And of course, as the old saying goes, "Hope springs eternal".  I never want to give up hope.

I had a bowl of ice cream and it was super delicious.  I hate to admit it but it's better than a beer, except I can draw out drinking a bottle of beer to at least an hour, maybe a little longer!   The ice cream was gone in no time flat! 

I wanted to mention that while I was at the dentist, the assistant was telling us how she was defrosting her freezer, and was using an ice pick to get the chunks off the coils.  (Bad move!)  You might guess that she punctured one of the coils and had the quick reaction to turn her head, but her hand and part of her arm were burned.  Her husband got out a tube of toothpaste and started spreading it all over the burn, which immediately took the sting out of it.  You can see some swelling in the burned area but she has had no redness and no pain at all  since then.  I have an aloe plant that I use for burns, cuts, stings etc., but in the absence of aloe, I thought it might be of interest to know that toothpaste works also, at least for burns.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better and that your art class went well.

    The temperatures are so hot that even mother is eating ice cream now. Need to swing by Walmart to pick some more for her as they have a better selection than HEB. It is sad when you only have two stores to choose from.

    I did not know about toothpaste taking the sting out of a burn, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of stores to choose from, but find myself buying grocery items at either BelAir or Costco.

      I didn't know about the toothpaste being good for a burn, and I bet most people don't. Hope everyone keeps it in mind just in case it is ever needed. I love my aloe plant and find it is good for more than burns.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info on toothpaste. I, too, never knew that. My wife raises aloe plants and one is in full bloom. I never knew that they had such a beautiful bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember my aloe ever blooming. I probably have a different variety. I received a plug from my grandma, who lived into the 1980's, and I have given so many shoots of it away; I even smuggled it in my luggage when I went to Ireland, and then had to smuggle it back when I returned! I even left some of it with neighbors in rural Ireland! I think the info on toothpaste is good to know (and remember).

      Delete
  3. Very interesting info about the toothpaste. I have aloe too, in the motorhome. You are so wise to just enjoy your art class and who cares what any one but you thinks. Actually we are often our own worst critics and have to unlearn that. Not sure where we learn it in the first place but unlearning it is hard.

    ReplyDelete