Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Planning *UPDATE* Photo Added

I just about finished my route planning to New York, and I am surprised that I'm so unexcited about it.  That's the travel part that I'm dreading but I'm certainly excited to think of being there for several weeks.

Maybe it's the uncertainty of the weather or a physical cause such as allergies that are driving me crazy, but I don't look forward to the long drive, alone.  I do my route on MapQuest and set some sort of guidelines to follow, but in the end I always use the state maps to find off-interstate routes.  Mapquest is giving me trouble now because I want to drop a bit south to avoid going too close to Chicago, but Map Quest evidently doesn't want to do the smaller roads.  I can't imagine that being the case but I give up for now.  It isn't nearly as bad driving around the Toledo and Cleveland areas, but I'm also trying to avoid Scranton/Wilkes Barre, PA.  That has always been a scary drive to me; the law calls about 35 or so miles a "Safety Zone" with a 50 mph limit.  Do you think anyone drives 50?  I have never driven through that zone without nervously rehearsing what I'm going to say to the cop who pulls me over, after catching sight of my out-of-state license plate.  The locals don't seem to fear the cop!

Note:  I don't use Microsoft Streets and Trips because I have a Mac.  It doesn't matter much what I use because it's just an exercise to give me an idea of mileage, potential routes, etc.  I never follow the plan, which I revise as I go along.

I think I'm worrying too much and I have so much to do to get everything organized and ready to pack in the car.  I am nowhere near organized yet and I can't rustle up some excitement.  Dang, I have to get a dog when I get back and then I'll have a traveling companion.  Sometimes I want one but most times I don't, so that is why I'm still pet-free.  I miss Lady though.

We had fun at the brewery last night.  Joe & Sarah, Donald & Jeannie, and I spent about 2-1/2 hrs there and then went to Joe's to continue our party.  I'm tired today but I'm trying to catch up on laundry so I can pack the things I want to take with me.






I look terrible in the pictures that include me, so I'm withholding them.  

Ok, so a couple of hours later I decided I would crop one of the photos I'm in, and here it is:

5 comments:

  1. Well excuse me lady, but this old guy likes short hair. Post the pics. When ya get old, looks don't make no matter anyhows. Post the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your short hair looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I never follow the plan, which I revise as I go along."

    As careful as I am at planning routes it is rare for me to stick to them. Sometimes our route changes just as we are approaching an on or off ramp, an intersection, or a crossroads, Funny how that happens. I had a route all planned out to miss Chicago this trip & a last minute decision Saturday turned us onto a different course & now here we are on a direct collision course with Chicago Monday. Despite all the hard work there just doesn't seem to be any method to the madness sometimes. Hair looks good:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tell yourself you have done this trip many times and never had to worry about it before. I think once you get rolling you'll be fine.
    Nice gathering with the kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how the trip to the brewery had gone. From the pictures it looks like you all had a great time.

    Your hair looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete