Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Update

I'm doing a little better but still lacking energy.  My sister has had some medical problems and daughter Jeannie stayed overnight with her on Monday night, and asked me to come over to be with her for a while on Tuesday.  I did and went back this morning, taking her to a doctor's appointment and returning her home.  I came back to my own house and hit the couch for a nap.

I have an appointment with my hairdresser tomorrow, and then will take Amy to an appointment of her own.  I'm doing more driving than I have the whole month.  She lives just a little farther from me than Jeannie, so it isn't too far.  I feel guilty every time I drive by the gym and am going to have to get back to it soon.

I've been thinking about quitting the blog, but don't really want to make a permanent exit.  I think I will blog less frequently and only when I have something to write about.  There's is no sense struggling to come up with a post, but  it's harder to quit than you might imagine.   And it might just be that I will start to feel better and get out and do more, and have more things to write about.

12 comments:

  1. Don't be hasty and leave us. Sure would miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know exactly how you feel about your blog. I have tried to pack it in so many times I have quit counting. For some unexplainable reason I am always drawn back from the brink. I think what you said about not making a permanent exit has a lot to do with it. And you are so right about it being harder to quit than one can imagine. Like you say, blogging less frequently might work for you & allow you to pursue other interests. Comes down to a priority thing I guess. I don't think most of us long timers are ready to throw in the towel just yet. Maybe make some adjustments here & there. I think you & I go back 7 or 8 years in our comments & correspondence & I feel your departure would leave an empty space for many of us.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you quit blogging I will just go find a corner to hide in and pitifully whimper for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't even think of leaving us poor bloggers alone without you!! If you do I will have to join Barney in that corner and whimper, too. If you don't have much to say, just say something, if not, we will worry about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any more room in that corner???? I have read this Blog for many many years and would hate to miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about trying to blog when nothing really is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've come to find that blogging daily was a grind for me. Now, I blog when I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be careful that is quite a crowd getting ready to gather in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made so many friends with the blog, I hate to just quit... Granted its become harder to write about feelings, now that Loyce is gone.. But most of the folks that I trade emails with are blog commenters.... Well, like you for instance.. We would have never met with the blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've said you were going to quit several times especially when you were pissed off at Blogger.

    Pretty sure you've noticed that I blog when I want ... I like it that way ... I also read blogs when I want ... I like it that way ... I don't read as many as I used to nor do I answer each comment as I used to or comment as I used to ALTHOUGH I read and enjoy each and every comment on my blog ...

    at 71.5? I don't want any more have-to's than I have to have.

    ... just keep in touch so we know you're alive and kicking!

    Do what you want ... you're welcome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find that I have more to blog about than I have time to do the actual blogs. They are always stacking up on me. But I just ignore them and plop out a post when the mood strikes. I want it to be fun, so I don't make it into a chore.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too read your blog and would miss your adventures and misadventures. For me it is a sort of family comfort checking in on you..When you take a trip I enjoyyour pictures and would miss your musing on everyday events

    ReplyDelete