Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reading the day away

I took a stack of books back to the library this morning and got another stack to take home.  They are all paperback mysteries, not the scary kind but with themes, such as cooking, B&B, quilters, etc.  Usually they amount to a fun read and I can easily read one in a day if I don't do much else.

I made a quick trip to the grocery after I got my books - I was out of milk, half & half, and bananas - I picked up a package of frozen corn dogs (16 in the pkg) and had 2 for lunch.  They were actually pretty good.  I stood by the ice cream freezer for a while but walked away from the Klondike bars empty-handed.  I've felt virtuous ever since, but now and then I wish a box had just fallen into my cart.

I made arrangements with the roofer I liked (both him and his quote).  He told me he is booked the rest of the week but would get to it on Saturday or Sunday depending on how his current jobs are going.  We talked briefly about the work he will do, and I feel like he does a good job of explaining it.  It will be good to have it done before I leave for NY, and I really hope it will rain after the work is done and before I take off.

I feel pretty good about life in general today, although the trip to the gym yesterday no doubt has something to do with my good mood.  After my tasty lunch I'm not really hungry for supper even though it's almost 6:30.   Since I want to hold on to my 126# I'll have to eat, but it will be a late supper.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day and now have lots of books to enjoy.

    I know you feel much better about finding a roofer too. It is a good feeling to know all will be well and no leaks to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now reading the day away sounds like the perfect thing to do to me. Glad to hear the roofer is set. He sounds like a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always go by your gut feeling and if feel good about this roofer and his quote...I'm sure it will turn out great. I am impressed he is willing to work Saturdays and Sundays to get the job done.

    I wish I could say I skipped the ice cream section but two "no sugar added" containers accidentally fell into my basket :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to say "If YOU feel good about this roofer"

    I just hate Blogger if I hit Preview then I loose my comment. If I hit Publish, then I leave behind a comment with typos or that is grammatically incorrect :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. today would be a good reading day
    for me (rain all day) wondering if you would share the title of some of those easy read books..
    thanks donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those kinds of books too. Really good escapism. Good news about the roof. They still haven't gotten around to getting ours done in Billings yet. They did say by the end of September but we're going to get a lot of that rain that is falling in AZ and moving up north. No leaks so far so that is a good thing. I don't think a Klondike bar every week is going to hurt you. My opinion of course.

    ReplyDelete