Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Still working on the puzzle

All I did today other than the puzzle was to get my hair cut.  I looked like a sheep dog but it's a bit tidier now.  I really dislike the way one strand of hair will curl but all the strands around it don't.  

The puzzle pieces are mostly together except for the green pieces.   There are certainly a lot of them but I'll figure it out.

I'm feeling much better today than I did yesterday, and I suppose I can expect the ups and downs for a while longer.   I'm so happy about the weight gain.  I haven't been able to get it above 118# for a couple of years, so I'm thrilled to be just under 121# already.  I just got the new Raley's/BelAir grocery ad featuring chocolate eclairs.   I know where I'm going tomorrow.  Years ago eclairs were my favorite treat, bought from a real bakery, of course - the kind where the baker produced all the goods by hand in the back of his shop.   The only in-store bakery that has ever come close to my standards is Publix, but alas, I'm not in their zone any longer.

Arianna's 5th birthday party is coming up this weekend.  She decided she wanted to get her ears pierced, so Jeannie took her to a shop where they had two people to do the piercing - one on each side and simultaneously.  That way it was all over in one go.  She didn't cry, but I would have if I'd been there.   

I need to start getting things together for our camping trip.  I'm going to the campground a day early and see what is available.  I know a horse/walking/bike trail goes right by the campground, so maybe I can take a small hike.  I need to make sure my camera battery is charged, but first I'll have to remember where I put the charger!  I am so in need of a getaway.

I got word from my boss at Lassen that they are having a get-together for all the folks who have ever worked at Lake Manzanita, and I'm invited.  In 2009 I spent about a week at Manzanita learning the job before Butte Lake opened for the season.  They are having a Hawaiian luau theme and everyone is asked to bring something Hawaiian.  I really don't know what to take, and since I'll be tenting I need to make it simple.  Any ideas for something simple I can do ahead?  I could cut up a pineapple, for one thing, but I don't exactly do a beautiful job of making the pieces relatively the same size and shape.  Also, it's a sticky mess, but no one needs to know that.  I need to figure out a way to transport it in a cooler.  I'll take my big Coleman, and I also have a smaller cooler I can take.  I won't know everyone there, but I am excited to see the ones I do remember.  The occasion is that a couple of people are retiring, and I do know them.

 Blogger keeps sending me cryptic messages while I'm typing this blog entry, so I think I'll get it posted before they screw up and lose it.


6 comments:

  1. Speaking of hair cuts and shaggy dog I better get one too.

    Yes blogger has been a pain since this morning.

    That was really nice of them to invite you to the luau. Sounds like fun. Once you cut up the pineapple you can always transport it in a plastic bag or plastic container. How about a pineapple upside down cake. Listen to me like I would ever do this haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cut up pineapple is a great idea. Who cares if the pieces are all cut the same, it will be so cool and refreshing. But wrap it in a couple plastic bags, that sticky juice seems to get all over everything. Or if there will be a bbq, take a can or two of pineapple slices and cook them on the grill. So yummy. So neat that they invited you, have fun. Becki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pineapple upside down cake idea. I haven't had one of those in years. If they're roasting a pig, you could bring the apple for its mouth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've done it. I think I'm going to have to fix a pineapple upside down cake in the very near future. Pineapple sounds wonderful.I finally convinced Jim that letting my hair grow was not a good idea and got it all chopped off again. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well . . . you KNOW I'm going to vote for cut up pineapple! Put it in a jar with a tight lid and it will travel just fine in the cooler. I keep mine in Pyrex glass containers, and the pieces keep perfectly for many days.

    Take a box of pretty toothpicks for people to spear them with. It will be a refreshing treat!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I weighed what you weigh :(

    How nice that you can go on a mini trip and at the same time get to see former co-workers.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete