Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Just hangin' in there

I guess I should post an update, and tell you that I have been pretty quiet because I still am in pain, and that has put me in a very pissy mood!  My post op is scheduled for this Friday, and yesterday was only the 2 week mark since surgery, so it's very likely I'm as good as I can be for a little while longer.  I avoid the narcotic pain meds as long as I can, but usually end up taking at least one a day.  I sometimes wonder if the side effects are worth it, but I don't want to experiment with other types of meds since I know this one works.

I've been trying to eat although I probably am eating about one-third of what I need.  It's a good thing I have some organic pop tarts!




I stayed at Jeannie's house last weekend, and watched her and the girls color easter eggs.  I was glad it wasn't me having to do it - I sure dealt with enough messy eggs, spilled coloring liquid, and all when my kids were little.  I enjoyed just being an observer this time.





We went to Amy's (my sister) house for Easter dinner.  I was able to eat a little bit and it was delicious, but I just have a limit and won't go over what I can take in comfortably.  Here are the girls in their Easter dresses before we left.  By the time I got to Amy's I just didn't feel like dealing with my camera, so I missed photographing a good family gathering.


At first I tried to keep up with reading all the blogs, but it's almost more than I can deal with for now.  I know things will soon get better, but until then I'm just mostly staying in my recliner and watching CNN (following the Malaysian plane disappearance, the Korean disaster, and a few others.  I don't do well with all the commercials though and can't hit the "Mute" button quick enough.  The worst are eHarmony (the guy who announces on that one gives me chills as he sounds like a real pervert!), Christian Mingles, etc.

I mentioned to Jeannie that I had a taste for meatballs and wanted to buy the ingredients as soon as I feel like shopping.  By the end of the day she told me Donald had made meatballs for me!  I am very lucky to have my kids and their spouses & children; they have kept my spirits up. 

12 comments:

  1. Glad to see you posting again and glad you are doing as well as you can. Healing takes a lot of time, so be patient. You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure do appreciate the update! A relief to know you are "hanging in there"! Hopefully you'll be over the hump in a little while. Thanks for the effort it cost to post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than homemade meatballs, I call mine Grandma Genett meatballs after my italian Grandma, I was given here recipes for just about everything,Hope you get to feeling better soon so you can come off the meds and enjoy a couple of High Life's.Have a great week, Sam & Donna.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meatballs & organic pop tarts....now that peaks my interest for sure. Just go with what your body tells you & roll with the healing............

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting. I am so glad you have such wonderful kids and grandkids. But then I'm sure you were a great mother. Your turn to be babied now! Meatloaf sounds yummmy and Donald's would be the best I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. I just want you to feel better. I'm glad you were able to get out for Easter even if you couldn't really enjoy the dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you enjoyed Easter the girls looked so cute in their dresses and pretty smiles.

    You get back on your feet soon just take it easy for now

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking the time to update us when we know you are not feeling well.

    Do not worry about the blog, take care of yourself first. I hope your pain soon will be a thing of the past.

    You have a lovely family and I am glad they are close by if you should need them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you're still not feeling well - it will take time. When it had my surgery two years ago, it took quite a while before I was really back to normal. It will come. It's so nice you have a great family and that they are there for you when you need them.

    I agree with you about the Easter Egg coloring. I LOVED it when I had small children, now I'd much rather watch and enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling a bit better...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should heal well with meatballs, organic pop tarts (!!) & your wonderful family. You know yourself really well & will know when it's time to push yourself a bit. In the meantime, keep clicking the Mute button & take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you updated, Gypsy ... I'm so far behind on blog reading ... I wanted to check to see if you updated and YES ... you have ... I am at my son's in Ft. Rucker... got here late yesterday afternoon ... took me two days! cats and all WHAT A TODO ~

    What great kids you have ~ family... they will surely keep your spirits up... good stuff!

    meatballs and pop tarts ... that oughta do it!

    ReplyDelete