Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Just waiting

I'm running out of things to think about that don't involve food, since I'm on the liquid diet today.  So far I've had black coffee, cranberry juice, and water - can't say I'm hungry but every time I open the fridge to get the cranberry juice I see food!

I have to leave for the hospital at 5:00 am; Jeannie and Ara are planning to take me and wait during the operation so they can bring me back home.  I'm determined to come straight home and be by myself.  I will take enough meds that I'll probably sleep anyway.  

I did a few test exercises this morning to see what I can and can't do, and I am afraid I will never be able to get up from the floor gracefully - I'll always have to give myself a boost.  But I've accomplished a lot more in the last couple of months than I had hoped for, and I don't think I could be any more ready for surgery, both physically and mentally, and now it's up to my doctor.

I'm not sure when I'll be back online after today.  Checking my email and blogs is such a habit that I might find myself doing it without thinking, but I'm not going to stress over it.  So I'll take this opportunity to wish all of you the best of this holiday season, however you celebrate.

16 comments:

  1. All the best for your surgery! Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good operation.... nah that don't sound right.... Best wishes for your operation..... Well anyway take care and it will be over before you know it.... Rod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you good luck tomorrow Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you - you've done all you can, now you can relax and trust your doctors. When you wake up tomorrow it will be over. That's the part I like. Might not be feeling the greatest, but it'll be over and that's the main thing to me. Then just relax, take it easy and recuperate. Be good to yourself and don't stress about anything for a while.

    Take care - my good thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow.

    Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job of getting ready. I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow and wishing you great success in this and a rapid recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is it when they say liquid diet all I can think about is food and more food. I agree with Barbara. It's almost over with. The waiting around is so much worse than the recovery. At least for me it is. Prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wish for a speedy recovery. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and the days in between until you let us know how you are. I wish you the best and a swift recovery.
    Have a good Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting up from the floor in any manner is sufficient in my life. Graceful went away when the birth certificate paper started crumble.
    Best of luck to you on the recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto on what Barney said. Hope your recovery is swift, surgery will be fine, you have prepared for it. Just do what they tell you. Have a Merry Christmas knowing you are on a swift road to recovery.
    Sam, Donna, and Riggs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a safe and quick surgery on Monday. Hopefully you'll feel much better when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the 'waiting' part has got to be the one of the toughest but soon that will be behind you. I'm like you & would be looking forward to just getting quietly home & beginning the recovery stage. All the best....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for your surgery to be quick and easy and you will be home soon...Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  14. We'll both be thinking of you today, and hoping that we will soon be getting the good news that you are up and around.

    Happy holidays!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete